• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding partners in the Rochester area

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
Looking to see if there is any interest from local riders that want to head out to the snowies this winter. Most of the group I used to go out with doesn't go out that much and I'm now looking at only 1 trip a year. I was thinking about just picking someplace like BWW and getting together for a beer and just see if there are any other people who have found themselves in this position. I'd be down for even a 4 day trip a couple times this winter. Let me know if there is any interest in putting a group together!

T

TABLEROCK

Nov 27, 2007
In Da Minnesooota
I live on the SE side of the Twin Cities and am also looking for people to ride with out west or U.P. off trail . I have taken avy a class and have do have all avy gear. I pretty much stick to riding medows and trees. Not much into climbing myself just to be on the safe side. If interested P.M. me.

Thanks
Tablerock

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
We ride mostly West Yellowstone and usuallly do 4-5 trips a year Pm if you would like to tag along some time. Not sure on dates will be there over Christmas after that will depend on when it storms!!

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
We ride mostly West Yellowstone and usuallly do 4-5 trips a year Pm if you would like to tag along some time. Not sure on dates will be there over Christmas after that will depend on when it storms!!

Do you generally do a Xmas/New Years trip every year?

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Been there for new years ever year except one since 1996!! Usually ride 6-7 days during that trip might be leaving on 27or 28 this year.

R

rollcontrol

Sep 13, 2008
Stillwater, Mn
I go to the snowies a bunch if you need somebody to ride with. I leave my stuff out there though and fly to denver, but always lookin to shred with new dudes. look me up if ya make it to the med bow!

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
880 - I live in Owatonna and am looking at a couple short (around 4 days) trips this year as well.

I could be interested depending on dates. Also could be interested in talking a "big game" at a local establishment (BWW) sometime.

Joe

wildskies.com

Lifetime Membership
Looking for an alternative to Yellowstone? Try NW Colorado

It sounds like a lot of you head out west to snowmobile. I thought I would toss this out there in case anyone is interested. I made a donation to a charity and it is a great discount on my normal rates and helps a good cause. <HR style="COLOR: #e8e8e8" align=center SIZE=1 width="100%" noShade>
For anyone looking for the best powder this year in Colorado-bar none it is NW CO. I have made a donation to the Iowa Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (see info below) of a 4 day trip for up to four people to my ride in/out snowmobile cabin in NW CO 1 hour from Rabbit Ears Pass. More people or nights can be added for additional fee paid to me not the charity.

The banquet is Feb 1st and the item will go on sale shortly after 8pm Central time. I do not think you have to attend the event to bid-you may be able to call AJ and ask to phone bid on the item. I am attaching a youtube video that shows the snowmobiling and the cabin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZBaG2WmUc<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

It is a high end super nice cabin and year to date we have received over 255+ inches of snowfall and since just Wednesday, January 29th through today we have gotten btw 32-36" of snowfall.

I am including a photo taken at 7am this morning and it snowed another foot since then. The photo of the snowmobilers digging out was taken on or about Dec 28th by a group from Iowa that stayed with us. If you need references or any more info call me (Lisa) at 970.926.0216. Our website is wildskies.com

For banquet info or bidding on my donation call AJ below.

AJ DuChene | Committee Chair
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
<o:p></o:p>

Central Iowa Chapter
Phone: 515-290-2531<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

140131 edwards snow 36 inches.jpg 131214 Wild Skies Cabin blue sky snow and sleds in deep powder.jpg blue sky snow and sleds in meadow mountain vista.jpeg 20131227_125051_1.jpg CAM00054.jpg CAM00085.jpg DSC02867.jpg

Premium Features