• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding anywhere in Minnesota?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Looking to do some testing. Anywhere in Minnesota have enough snow to ride? Sounded like Duluth got 10 inches most recently? Any reports?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Plan to ride on Sunday. Nothing spectacular, just get a few miles on before heading west. Another shot at snow on Friday night and all day Saturday. Winter is here for now. :face-icon-small-sho

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Here we go!

..WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SATURDAY TO NOON CST
SUNDAY FOR THE TWIN PORTS...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DULUTH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SATURDAY TO
NOON CST SUNDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...TWIN PORTS AREA

* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN LATE TONIGHT...AND CONTINUE THROUGH
SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT BEFORE ENDING SUNDAY MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 7 INCHES
ARE POSSIBLE...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN
NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR.

* WINDS / VISIBILITIES...SIGNIFICANT REDUCTIONS IN VISIBILITY
ARE POSSIBLE.

* IMPACTS...PLAN ON DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS SATURDAY AND
SATURDAY NIGHT.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 25 MPH NEAR LAKE
SUPERIOR

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
My kid rode a little today. Said it was okay. But he just went around our home area. I did a little scouting yesterday with my car and looked at several areas. Heard sleds riding but didn't talk to anyone. Not plowed forest, logging roads and snowmobile trails that are basically a road or railroad grade would be a sure bet. More snow is in the forecast for the next three days. I am going to ride tomorrow and check it out myself. Just north of Duluth. Not the north shore trail. If you are planning a new years snowmobile trip? I am not sure what to say right now. I will try to update as soon as I can.

Last edited:

bucky919

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
North Dakota
I'll be heading to the L.O.W. area this weekend but I know the trails are not really open yet because of the lack of early freezing. But I'll get a report up when I get back.

They had the Groomers out Saturday morning around Roseau, definitely rideable, LOW seemed like it had less snow, they just started grooming a trail for ice fishing on the lake. We walked out on the river and fished.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
They had the Groomers out Saturday morning around Roseau, definitely rideable, LOW seemed like it had less snow, they just started grooming a trail for ice fishing on the lake. We walked out on the river and fished.

Roseau does have more snow. They are not grooming the Baudette area and south down to Red Lake as of that yet. People have been out on the trails helping freeze them down. From Red Lake to Northhome I know Lost River was out with a "tire drag" and hit their trails once I believe and they actually looked decent and had a few tracks. We had about 4" of snow at the cabin which is about 15 miles south of Baudette. We never even unloaded the sleds last weekend as the only riding would have been around the farm. Pretty much all of the ditches are full of water with the lack of early freezing they didn't get and I bet the swamps will be more of the same. Will be back up in a couple weeks so I hope to get to check them out then.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Groomers have been out just north of Duluth.
I know people that were up on the Gunflint Trail north of Grand Marais this weekend.
A lot of snow but no grooming at that time. Bumpy! I have to believe that will change. SOON!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features