• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rider Forward Pro RMK

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
this is the best mod you can do to the pro-RMK to improve the handling of an already excellent handling snowmobile we are not just simply moving the steering post we have also moved the foot Wells forward also this allows the rider to place their weight more centered over the drive axle if you have ever been on the SkiDoo XM you will know just what we are talking about.the steering post has been moved forward 2" the foot Wells are forward almost 3"

we have built a few pros like this we are trying to see how much interest there is to see if we want to sell it as a kit either a complete kit or or just the post forward please let us know what you think

DSCN3938.JPG DSCN3940.JPG DSCN3941.JPG

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
this is the best mod you can do to the pro-RMK to improve the handling of an already excellent handling snowmobile we are not just simply moving the steering post we have also moved the foot Wells forward also this allows the rider to place their weight more centered over the drive axle if you have ever been on the SkiDoo XM you will know just what we are talking about.the steering post has been moved forward 2" the foot Wells are forward almost 3"

we have built a few pros like this we are trying to see how much interest there is to see if we want to sell it as a kit either a complete kit or or just the post forward please let us know what you think

Whats all involved to move the post and the foot wells ,How much will these kits cost??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Hmmm... Interesting...

With the pro... and the stubby upper post... easier to move than most.

Footwell mods and plasti trimming...

There is a cost and benefit to every change in weight distribution.. I'm interested in all sides of this coin.

Good job ... keep pushing!!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
already been thought of. :laser:

i would highly recommend leaving the bar that supports the running board though. unless you want a bent tunnel and a broken chain case

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
In what situation do you feel that being able to be more forward on the Pro is beneficial?

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
im kinda thinkin the same thing[

QUOTE=rmscustom;3376841]In what situation do you feel that being able to be more forward on the Pro is beneficial?[/QUOTE]

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
There's times I feel like I need to be more forward in certain situations. Setup seems beneficial, would be interested in a kit if I keep my pro for next season.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
In what situation do you feel that being able to be more forward on the Pro is beneficial?

Whenever you need the bars behind you

Like when you're climbing a big gnarly narrow chute and you get to the top and there's a big overhanging head wall and you know you can't go over it or through it so you get so far up in the footwells the sled is actually behind you and then you dig at the overhang with your free hand for a sec before gravity takes over and since you're that far forward as you stall out you can turn so hard you pull off the turn out. Then you make that run 30-40 more times until you tunnel through the overhang and then make the pull.

Stuff like that.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Whenever you need the bars behind you

Like when you're climbing a big gnarly narrow chute and you get to the top and there's a big overhanging head wall and you know you can't go over it or through it so you get so far up in the footwells the sled is actually behind you and then you dig at the overhang with your free hand for a sec before gravity takes over and since you're that far forward as you stall out you can turn so hard you pull off the turn out. Then you make that run 30-40 more times until you tunnel through the overhang and then make the pull.

Stuff like that.

Now I have coffee all over my monitor.... what a way to start the day!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Diamond S has a great track record of making quality products... All joking aside, It would be good to have a good discussion about this... and be open minded...Sometimes us keyboard jockeys (me included) can be critical of a new product that arrives on the scene without looking into it deeper and give it consideration.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Riding the pro I've felt a few situations where I'd like to be more forward. I find myself crowding the post heavily, and while you can always get further back without any issue, getting further forward while maintaining a solid position is something that requires some hardware modification.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

This was not meant to be an attack or a bash I was simply looking for an answer from Diamond S or anybody else in what specific situation this would help... Kinda like how you would ask a engine builder what performance gains their package delivers.

Premium Features