• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride whistler

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I took a trip with Ride Whistler for one day this past weekend and let me just say the experience wasn’t good.

I signed up as an intermediate rider and ended up with a group of beginners as in some were on their second time riding a snowmobile. I have ridden Whistler many times and know how fun an experince riding the back country can be so I was really excited for this ride. I knew I was in trouble when the first little hill was a struggle for some. When we finally made it up on top of the hill we waited for the second group to come up. The second groups leader had snowmobile issues so they were integreted into our group. The problem was our leader was never informed if their orginal leader would even be coming back so we just waited in an open area to see if he would return. After waiting for about an hour a few of us were taken higher up into the alpine.

I have taken many snowmobile clinics and used guiding services over the years. This is my only bad experience so far. I would not recommend this to anyone but a begining rider.

Last edited:
R
Jan 20, 2019
I apologize, I haven't been on here in years but I did hear about this thread from a happy client.

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your day Allan. As you stated, we did have a couple mechanical issues which meant one of our guys had to go back down to trade sleds in the first couple hours. The other 3 guys effectively split up the riders and your group continued up. Once I arrived back with a new sled, Greg went with you and the other riders who had reported the same skill as you. I believe your group was 4-5 riders at that point.

We do our best to group riders of similar skill level when a private group is not selected. On the booking page, we ask all of our riders to rate themselves between 1-5 with a description of each level. In this case, everyone you rode with after the morning had also reported their skills the same as yours (level 4).

Since hearing about your post here and that you were not satisfied with the group, we offered you a free day with level 4/5 riders...I even gave you some different date options. We are still waiting to hear back from you if any of those dates will work for you.

It's not always easy to add a single rider to a group but we do our best. We actually don't have a lot of beginner riders here but we can accommodate them if they want to come and learn as a group. We also offer a private group option for groups that don't want to ride with other riders at all.

You can let us know here if you prefer, or via phone, if you would like to come back and ride with some of our best clients in our most difficult terrain on us.

Cheers,
Chris

I took a trip with Ride Whistler for one day this past weekend and let me just say the experience wasn’t good.

I signed up as an intermediate rider and ended up with a group of beginners as in some were on their second time riding a snowmobile. I have ridden Whistler many times and know how fun an experince riding the back country can be so I was really excited for this ride. I knew I was in trouble when the first little hill was a struggle for some. When we finally made it up on top of the hill we waited for the second group to come up. The second groups leader had snowmobile issues so they were integreted into our group. The problem was our leader was never informed if their orginal leader would even be coming back so we just waited in an open area to see if he would return. After waiting for about an hour a few of us were taken higher up into the alpine.

I have taken many snowmobile clinics and used guiding services over the years. This is my only bad experience so far. I would not recommend this to anyone but a begining rider.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
That sounds like a great offer. There was an apology, the reason it happened and a free day for you. Post some pics if you go again!

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I apologize, I haven't been on here in years but I did hear about this thread from a happy client.

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your day Allan. As you stated, we did have a couple mechanical issues which meant one of our guys had to go back down to trade sleds in the first couple hours. The other 3 guys effectively split up the riders and your group continued up. Once I arrived back with a new sled, Greg went with you and the other riders who had reported the same skill as you. I believe your group was 4-5 riders at that point.

We do our best to group riders of similar skill level when a private group is not selected. On the booking page, we ask all of our riders to rate themselves between 1-5 with a description of each level. In this case, everyone you rode with after the morning had also reported their skills the same as yours (level 4).

Since hearing about your post here and that you were not satisfied with the group, we offered you a free day with level 4/5 riders...I even gave you some different date options. We are still waiting to hear back from you if any of those dates will work for you.

It's not always easy to add a single rider to a group but we do our best. We actually don't have a lot of beginner riders here but we can accommodate them if they want to come and learn as a group. We also offer a private group option for groups that don't want to ride with other riders at all.

You can let us know here if you prefer, or via phone, if you would like to come back and ride with some of our best clients in our most difficult terrain on us.

Cheers,
Chris

Big time respect for you and your operation Chris,I plan on next season heading up your way.
As you know with my daughter passing away my season is done.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Yea we had a beginner in our group too. Some guy named Chris. LOL . Ive been to a couple of Ride Whistler clinics. Had a great time !!!!.

Premium Features