• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Review for SledNecks Bomber Gear??

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
friend of mine bought bomber gear last season because he was using carhartt bibs!!!

So to him the upgrade was immense. He said he was always dry and comfortable when we went riding.

Personally I wear Klim and if you can spend the money just get Klim because its amazing gear. If you don't ride as much or are on a very tight budget from what I have seen the bomber line isn't bad.

L

lognomore

Oct 25, 2008
Red Bluff, Ca.
(Lognomore's 24yo son)

I was using some old bibs and a jacket that wasn't meant for sledding for quite awhile that were really poor, every time we would go sledding I would be wet at the end of the day. Got a pair of the Bomber jackets and pants for my birthday in April so only got a couple rides in with it but they kept me dry on a spring day ride with mixed rain and snow conditions.

I had used my fathers Klim pants on one ride and they felt really stiff compared to the slednecks gear. So in my opinion if your on an extreme budget and using really poor clothing the Slednecks stuff is great, will it keep you as dry as Klim? Probably not but the pants are better than bibs from the 90's and the jacket is better than a goose down parka!

Next season I'll hopefully be able to get a lot of use out of them.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Rode the Bomber gear for 2 weeks in the 09 season....

The part that impressed me the most was the abrasion resistance.... It was built like firehose material....

I'd really like to see the Klim stuff (which I ride with helmet-to-gloves-to-boots-to layering) but wish that my investment was protected with some Cordura or Talisman fabric in the critical wear areas (knees/arms/shins etc)

Premium Features