• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revalveing shocks?

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Ordered a 22 with the walker Evans piggyback and I'm curious as to how well the shocks work, if you send them in to get revalved to your weight and how much does it cost. I had Exits on my last sled and loved them, but if I can save some money and get the same results, why wouldn't you.
Thanks

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
The last revalve/rebuild I had done ran $130.00/per shock. The stock remote reservoir Walkers have fantastic tuneability set up with extremely soft to reasonably stiff compression adjustability and a spring covering most riders weight range. If your rather large +230 you may want to look at stepping up the RTS a bit but be careful. I purchased a used revalved/setup sled from a friend that was set-up from a very reputable dealer. The shock spring was for larger folks and the compression valving was only adjustable from hard as a brick on the softest setting to crush your vertebrae on the stiffest setting. The set-up was a spine smasher for the average joe even with the preload adjusted to where the keepers would barely keep the spring in. I had a stock set-up Walker laying around that I ended up installing and put the supposedly superior revalved shock in the spare parts bin in my shed. Apparently some of these revalves are either for guys who drop 30' cliffs all day or someone completely missed the boat on the valving.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
The last revalve/rebuild I had done ran $130.00/per shock. The stock remote reservoir Walkers have fantastic tuneability set up with extremely soft to reasonably stiff compression adjustability and a spring covering most riders weight range. If your rather large +230 you may want to look at stepping up the RTS a bit but be careful. I purchased a used revalved/setup sled from a friend that was set-up from a very reputable dealer. The shock spring was for larger folks and the compression valving was only adjustable from hard as a brick on the softest setting to crush your vertebrae on the stiffest setting. The set-up was a spine smasher for the average joe even with the preload adjusted to where the keepers would barely keep the spring in. I had a stock set-up Walker laying around that I ended up installing and put the supposedly superior revalved shock in the spare parts bin in my shed. Apparently some of these revalves are either for guys who drop 30' cliffs all day or someone completely missed the boat on

The last revalve/rebuild I had done ran $130.00/per shock. The stock remote reservoir Walkers have fantastic tuneability set up with extremely soft to reasonably stiff compression adjustability and a spring covering most riders weight range. If your rather large +230 you may want to look at stepping up the RTS a bit but be careful. I purchased a used revalved/setup sled from a friend that was set-up from a very reputable dealer. The shock spring was for larger folks and the compression valving was only adjustable from hard as a brick on the softest setting to crush your vertebrae on the stiffest setting. The set-up was a spine smasher for the average joe even with the preload adjusted to where the keepers would barely keep the spring in. I had a stock set-up Walker laying around that I ended up installing and put the supposedly superior revalved shock in the spare parts bin in my shed. Apparently some of these revalves are either for guys who drop 30' cliffs all day or someone completely missed the boat on the valving.
I'm not going to lie. Your post made me chuckle inside, but something I'll keep in mind. Thanks

K
May 18, 2014
Carls cycle does an amazing job revalving. Highly recommend you getting it done. Some of the best money I have spent on my sled and I have a carls 900 with a bunch of lightweight rotating parts.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I replaced my skid shocks with upgraded Exit shocks with higher spring rates - and plan to have Carl's cycle re-valve my fronts and go with whatever spring rate they decide on the fronts.

Premium Features