• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rest in Peace Neighbor.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
A snowmobiler from Minnesota died Tuesday after he was caught in an avalanche while riding in the Madison Range south of Big Sky.

The Gallatin County Sheriff's Office has identified the man as Weylon W. Wiedemann, 40, from Pine City, Minnesota. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a post on the sheriff's office's Facebook page.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_ec351df2-1f88-5826-8833-7c14786aaf25.html

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I had read in another article that before this had happened the group had decided that the avalanche conditions were too high to ride on that particular slope but ended up riding below it in a flatter area which was in the run out area and that's what triggered the slope. He was buried 3' under and was partially under his snowmobile when they found him.

I know nothing about this area, but that is what I read.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I had read in another article that before this had happened the group had decided that the avalanche conditions were too high to ride on that particular slope but ended up riding below it in a flatter area which was in the run out area and that's what triggered the slope. He was buried 3' under and was partially under his snowmobile when they found him.

I know nothing about this area, but that is what I read.

I don't know anything about the area either. It's just so sad,
and it has been bothering me all day. I think we all know what the family and friends are going through. :face-icon-small-sad

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
that looked like a bad one. does anyone know where that was in relation to the cabin?

Premium Features