• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Response to the anti-legislation!!!!!

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
His Response:
Dear Pat-

Thank you for your e-mail concerning the legislative proposal by Minnesotans for Responsible Recreation.

Please know that I adamantly and wholeheartedly oppose this legislation. In all honesty, I believe this legislation doesn't have a prayer in passing or even making it to a committee hearing. Please remember that any Representative or Senator can propose legislation, it doesn't mean there is widespread support though. I also want to point out that there is no author for this legislation in the House which indicates a lack of support in the House of Representative.

As an avid snowmobiler (who in my glory (younger) days, used to race) I couldn't think of worse legislation. I believe it is the goal of all Minnesotans to have safe, legal trails for our recreational riders and we have to continue the development and maintenance of our trail systems. If this bill were to ever pass, trail systems and development would be devastated.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please always feel free to contact me at any time.

Sincerely,

Representative Larry Hosch
District 14B
(800) 947-8264
(651) 296-4373

What i wrote:
Larry
I would sure hope you do your best to stop the legislation drafted by the "Minnesotans for Responsible Recreation." From what I understand (I am not political) this is tax money that we generate and should be left fund us.

http://www.mnresponsiblerec.org/legislation/documents/2008MRRLeg-UserFundedImplement5Standards.pdf

http://www.mnresponsiblerec.org/leg...MRRLeg-UserFundedImplement2003LegAuditRec.pdf

I hope you do your best to stop this and thank you for your time.

Patrick Jensen

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Wooo Hoooo

:D
Good goin' GFS!
Now for the rest of us, now is NOT the time to back off on the pressure. Because what we know about the "enemy", they will be back again next year, and this legislation session ain't over by a long shot.

Last edited:
Premium Features