• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacing steel with plastic skis - 91 Indy Trail

J
Nov 8, 2019
I purchased a set of black Exo-s and a set of red Kimpex Rush skis - both with mounting hardware. Both sets are advertised as a fit for 91 Trails. Not really!!!!! The biggest problem I am having right now is the rubber bumper stop/spindle fitting. The Exo-s came with new stops but I had to add 1/4 inch of rubber pad to shim it tighter. Still not enough. Going to try another 1/8 or 3/16 inch of rubber shim. The Kimpex did not come with new/different stops. The original polaris stops are not designed to fit these kimpex skis. I'm going to take one of the stops and trim off the bottom tabs to make it flat and go from there. I know I am going to have to add more rubber shim somehow to make it a snug fit with the spindle. The other issue with both sets were the new bushings provided. Neither ones properly fit the polaris spindles. Had to use the original bushings. Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this problem??

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I can't really offer any advice other than there is always some refitting and adjusting involved with ski changes. Sounds like you are doing okay.

Premium Features