• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Renting sucks

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
Hello,

I have been a snowmobile enthusiast since the age of 12 when my old man bought a '76 Jag 2000. No other "toy" offers the same amount of freedom and overall excitement of the modern snowmobile. Plus, like many of you, I simply just love being outdoors in the winter whether on a sled or not. I reside in central Minnesota, but my riding pals and I have been making trips west for nearly 20 years. Up until recently, I have always owned my own machine. This changed a few years ago as my M7 just was not able to keep up with my com padres new RMK Pro's. So I sold it and have been renting a sled for my annual trip to Tog ever since. I thought I had it all figured out. The Lodge offers the latest and greatest sleds. No storage. No towing sleds out. Hell even "free" gas and oil. However, this time of year always bites me. Always. I read about all of you as you add this, tweak that. Damn I am jealous! Half of the fun for me has always been the mods and personalizing my machine. I will yet again rent this winter..one last time! Next season at this time I hope to be talking about bumpers, ski's and other purple parts! Thanks for reading!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
It's great on years when there is plenty of snow. Snow sucked last year, we rode twice. Those years it seems like a great waste of money sitting in my shop...

Premium Features