• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removing carbide from wear bars

M
Dec 3, 2018
I cant seem to find the hardened steel versions on Woody's website, but I can find them elsewhere online. So are these tolerable on icy trail conditions? I don't need to rail the turns going up the mountain, and don't care about the lack of steering on pavement. I can pretty definitively say carbides biting into rocks cost me two A-arms last year when they should have just slid right over.

D
Dec 17, 2020
I went back to carbides when I came up with my wheel kit. I even ride up the truck deck ramp with them. Gravel is no problem either. Simply lift the ski tip and slide in the axel. The aluminum ski braces also stop the ski bushing from wearing the ski bolt hole oval. This design is an offshoot from our Gripper Ripper Braces. http://www.sourceinnovations.ca/product/gripper-ripper-ski-brace-kit/
I just got my second set of CNC prototypes done this week and everything looks great for the braces. I ran hand cut proto-types last season. I am looking at having them powder coated black. Are you interested in that? As for the wheels and axles I have not sourced all the parts yet but they are a 10" wheel with a 5/8' shaft. Are you in a position to put your own wheel and axles together? Shipping on the brackets is cheap but the wheels are heavy so shipping will hurt.

Please PM me or send me an email so we can figure out the details. chris@specified.ca

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris,
Hello Chris,
I'm interested in purchasing a pair of these. I don't see this bracket with the axel opening on the website. I'll shoot you an email as well. Thanks!
Daniel

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I just got my second set of CNC prototypes done this week and everything looks great for the braces. I ran hand cut proto-types last season. I am looking at having them powder coated black. Are you interested in that? As for the wheels and axles I have not sourced all the parts yet but they are a 10" wheel with a 5/8' shaft. Are you in a position to put your own wheel and axles together? Shipping on the brackets is cheap but the wheels are heavy so shipping will hurt.

Please PM me or send me an email so we can figure out the details. chris@specified.ca

Thanks

Chris
Chris do you have any of the brace plates in stock?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Chris do you have any of the brace plates in stock?
Yes, just got back in stock but I am waiting for the hardware to show up this week. We have both the standard Gripper Ripper Braces and also the Gripper Ripper with the axle option. They braces are all black powder coated now. The standard braces are the same as the braces in th picture except no loop on the back to carry the axle for the wheel kit. At this time I am asking guys to source their own 12" wheels as i don't have a steady source. I hope to get all this on our store this week. We are including the Polaris Gripper Ultimate ski dampeners for $30 if you buy with the braces.

axles and ski.jpg

Premium Features