• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Relocating to the Northeast

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
I just found out that my work will be relocating me in the coming months to Baltimore/Washington DC area. I know absolutely nothing about the area. I'm wondering if there is any back country riding in the area or if I should try to sell my sled before I leave.

Also, any suggestions on where to live? Basically my options are Maryland, DC, Delaware or Northern VA.

Thanks in advance!

Goinbyyabig

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2015
I hate to say it, but sell your sled..... unless you're willing to drive a solid 10 hours north, or more, it's not happening. I'm in central New York, far east, and snow is not a given here, every year. I need to be willing to travel, living here, to be assured of riding. If you wanna travel for weekend adventures, come on up!!

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
The real estate agent showing me homes in NE PA was saying there is riding to do near the Poconos. Is that not true or is it just not any good?

jlpearl

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2011
NH
Assuming you do a lot of mountain/backcountry riding... you will be limited in that region. Baltimore to Tug Hill NY is over 6 hours away, and NH/Maine is 10 hrs.

Baltimore is a pretty cool city. I've spent a fair bit of time their since a close friend moved there a couple years ago.

Pennsylvania will offer a lot more options for dirtbikes/atvs/etc.

DC and Virginia are nicer but much higher cost of living.

These are just a few quick thoughts.

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
We're looking at homes in Bethlehem, Nazareth, Stroudsburg, etc. Any suggestions on areas to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

Premium Features