• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Redline Revolt 800- Input please

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
Here's the deal- I found a redline for sale- it'e complete, I have not seen it in person yet- but will soon. Here's my question.

Are these a good machine?
This one has 1.9 miles on it- been in storage-
It is all there and has some other stuff that goes with it.
It was a 11,300 sled for the 1st owner.

I can get a good deal on it.

IS IT WORTH IT ???

Suggestions?

N
Apr 7, 2008
Litchfield, MN
Ive seen the sled you are looking at & its tough looking. Just remember..RedLine is out of business, & they built those 50 sleds from scratch so parts will be almost impossible to come by. Motors included being they built them too. Plan on alot of fabricating if you tear it up. The sled is awesome & at a GREAT price. Would be great for a collector or light use unless your handy in the repair business. Good Luck to you.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
REDLINE

Out of curiosity, is that the same REDLINE company that builds the "sandbuggies" with the WEBER/POLARIS FST 4-STROKE engines??????

S

Sledhead800

Feb 2, 2008
Redline

No, this was their own 800 2 stroke motor from scratch, I have heard the motors were junk... poor design from the start and if they did run they were about 20 HP low. Pipe and electronics were the other big problems. Cool looking sleds though, I always liked them.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you ride it hard the frame will break where it goes under the engine. If you want a sled to ride buy something else or buy it as an investment and try to sell it to a snowmobile museum for their collection. Even at that price it is likely too high.

L
Jan 26, 2010
N. IL.
If you ride it hard the frame will break where it goes under the engine. If you want a sled to ride buy something else or buy it as an investment and try to sell it to a snowmobile museum for their collection. Even at that price it is likely too high.

Frame breaks? I’ve ridden mine for 10 years and have yet to break the frame. I’ve modified the exhaust system and have had issue with the gauges. It does run strong though. It isn’t a high-speed sled. More of a sprinter. It has been more reliable than my 2009 Assault was. Now THAT sled was junk! Sold it after three seasons. Rode the Redline last Sunday. And I’ll take it out today. It’s pretty simple, technology-wise. No way I’d burn 15k+ on a new sled today. Especially living here in the Midwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features