• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recommendations for replacement bumper and belly pan..... Tree removed old one.

T
Apr 2, 2009
2016 axys pro rmk. Smashed in my front stock bumper on a tree and had to ride it home with the belly pan pushed up on the exhaust which melted it pretty good. Looking for recommendations on after market front bumpers or if any options exist for belly pan plastic rather than stock... Also, I broke one of the bumper mount tabs on the overstructure... I have seen the Carl's fix kit for this.. and a few others. Any feedback on what people are using and how it went would be appreciated.

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
The fix for the bumper tab works fine. They all use the same technique of using a longer bolt that comes up from the bottom {top of shock}.
I don't think there any front belly pans in the aftermarket. At least they are cheap, in black anyway.
This is a good time to put a better front bumper on B and M Fab works well.
That said you can find stock take-offs for $50. I just buy the take-off and keep one in the trailer. Never know when a tree will jump out in front of you.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I wrecked my Polaris 'extreme' bumper or whatever it was first ride out this year. Just replaced it with a Zbroz unit thats basically a cattle guard. I don't know why I didn't put the Zbroz unit on when the sled was new.

Comes with an integrated skid plate. Everything bolted straight up, no fitment issues at all.

T
Apr 2, 2009
I wanted the B M , but it was three weeks out painted at least... Might order one this summer and do that upgrade during downtime... So I found a take off on ebay for 65 bucks and bought the carls tab fix kit for 35 and got a black belly pan for 130 bucks directly from polaris on Amazon. Not too bad overall for the amount of damage, I thought it would be worse.

Those blind rivets are fing expensive... and I tried to order them from Babbits but they are so slow I cancelled the order and then found them on partzilla for less than 2 bucks a piece. Putting it all back together today. Like the idea of carrying a spare bumper but it wouldn't have helped me as my belly ban was bashed into the exhaust and melted in this scenario.

Thanks for the input!

Premium Features