• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reason to restrict UNMANAGED LAND

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Just a comment on the UNINTENDED consequence of having a WILDERNESS.

I have property surrounded by National Forest and Wilderness in California.

NEW UNMANAGED land are a fire hazard.

INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE CANCELING PROPERTY & HOME POLICIES ,

Unmanaged land will eventually burn (at least in the California Sierra Mountains because the entire range has lots of granite/ quartz … not uncommon to get 100's of lighting strikes an hour per square mile during a storm)

So the fiscal impact is significant.

Just cut down lots of trees … none within 100 feet of any building and no tree within 20 feet of each other PER insurance company guidelines.

Tree density for local Sequoia forest should be 90 trees per acre and it is over 300 trees per acre … Gonna die and burn.

Ask you local forest service what tree density should be and if its too much whose gonna pay for the fire clean up and the health effects of breathing all the smoke?
Cut down the excess tress and clear the underbrush.

If locals here give me a hard time about insurance for my mountain property I ask why property built in earthquake zones , dry lake and river beds, flood plains, tornado and hurricane corridors. They get insurance.

Also, electric companies will shut off power lines during windy or conditions where they might start a fire.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Over 200 Thousand people with out power in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA.

PG&E shut off power so wire don't start a fire in the FOREST or Wilderness

Premium Features