• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension shock lengths

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Does anyone know if the rear suspension shocks from a 2016 LTD rear suspension are the same length as the 2017 and newer Mountan cat rear suspension shocks?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
The reason I'm wonderng about the shock lengths is because I'm going to put ice age elevate rails on a 2016 ltd rear suspension and then install it in a mountain cat sled I'm building along with elevate spindles.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
The reason I'm wonderng about the shock lengths is because I'm going to put ice age elevate rails on a 2016 ltd rear suspension and then install it in a mountain cat sled I'm building along with elevate spindles.
as long as you get rails that are for a mountain cat youll be fine. if you get rails for a 2016 youll nee to trim the tips as they will hit the drivers of a mountain cat

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
as long as you get rails that are for a mountain cat youll be fine. if you get rails for a 2016 youll nee to trim the tips as they will hit the drivers of a mountain cat
I don't think he'll have to worry about that too much since the Elevate rails are made for the newer chassis with the dropped driveshaft. Should already be short enough up front.

Shocks are same length. Just to verify I went and looked up part numbers for 2016 Limited rear shocks and the 2017 mountain cat shocks. They are different part numbers, but when I added the 2016 shocks to the cart it superseded them to the 2017 part number. Verifies that Cat thinks they are interchangeable too.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I don't think he'll have to worry about that too much since the Elevate rails are made for the newer chassis with the dropped driveshaft. Should already be short enough up front.

Shocks are same length. Just to verify I went and looked up part numbers for 2016 Limited rear shocks and the 2017 mountain cat shocks. They are different part numbers, but when I added the 2016 shocks to the cart it superseded them to the 2017 part number. Verifies that Cat thinks they are interchangeable too.
thats what i assumed but i didnt know if the elevate kit had an option for new vs old chassis.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada

Shocks are same length. Just to verify I went and looked up part numbers for 2016 Limited rear shocks and the 2017 mountain cat shocks. They are different part numbers, but when I added the 2016 shocks to the cart it superseded them to the 2017 part number. Verifies that Cat thinks they are interchangeable to

Thanks.
I checked part numbers also but I didn't go as far as you did to see if the part numbers updated to the same newer number.
Thanks guys

Premium Features