• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

REAR DIFF cover size 2006 GMC 2500HD crew 4wd Duramax Allison SB

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Looking at the build sheet 3.73 axle ratio. G80 HD rear auto locking differential. Visually its 14 bolts on the cover. What size rear cover is it?

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Aftermarket cover to hold another gallon of fluid
Do a little research before changing covers. Some of the after market covers dont let the fluid flow properly for proper lubrication. There where videos of where they tested different covers and made some clear covers to see how the fluid flows in side the diff. The stock cover provided much better flow of the fluid and got it to the places it needed to be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Just asking because I'm in need of a good stock cover.

Im gonna research to, see if this specific brand of cover has been constructed to have proper fluid flow. I already called the manufacturer and of course they said it flows better than stock.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Just asking because I'm in need of a good stock cover.

Im still trying to get the weight down for the DMV and don't want to add another ounce. California DMV lets an out of state truck get weighed once and the outcome permanently calculates yearly fees. Shaved off 500 pounds by running the fuel low, remove the 5th wheel hitch , bumper even the floor mats reduced it by 30 pounds. DMV fees are $85 per thousand pounds FOREVER. I have 2 weeks left to remove weight and was researching weight reduction removing the bumpers and bed? I need another 800 pounds to get under the next weight tax bracket.

I would be happy to let you have the cover ... shipping is on your dime.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Im still trying to get the weight down for the DMV and don't want to add another ounce. California DMV lets an out of state truck get weighed once and the outcome permanently calculates yearly fees. Shaved off 500 pounds by running the fuel low, remove the 5th wheel hitch , bumper even the floor mats reduced it by 30 pounds. DMV fees are $85 per thousand pounds FOREVER. I have 2 weeks left to remove weight and was researching weight reduction removing the bumpers and bed? I need another 800 pounds to get under the next weight tax bracket.

I would be happy to let you have the cover ... shipping is on your dime.
Wow. I like how they do it here. A 1 ton is a set amount for as long as you own the vehicle and for vehicles under 1 ton goes buy value and decreases 10% each year as the vehicle value decreases until the vehicle hits 11 years of age then it's a flat rate.
If your going to be changing out the covers in the next week I would definitely be interested. My truck is sidelined at the moment because of a leaking cover.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Wow. I like how they do it here. A 1 ton is a set amount for as long as you own the vehicle and for vehicles under 1 ton goes buy value and decreases 10% each year as the vehicle value decreases until the vehicle hits 11 years of age then it's a flat rate.
If your going to be changing out the covers in the next week I would definitely be interested. My truck is sidelined at the moment because of a leaking cover.

I have yet to buy a cover.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
They have new oil pans for $33 delivered on EBAY
New Engine Oil Pan Fits Chevrolet Duramax Silverado GMC Sierra Hummer 12627247

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

I have yet to buy a cover.

Premium Features