• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ready to SnowCheck my 2022 Turbo Summit X with Expert!

S
Mar 18, 2018
I’ve tried that riser, wouldn’t do it again. When your riding the riser would slip into the extended position. Try your stock riser and if too short go to the next size up. Riders seem to think stock riser is to short but give it some time- thinking you’ll grow to like it. Just my two cents!

goin2dmtns

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I do think I may go ahead and install the Adjustable Handlebar Riser though.
I suspect I will want the option of being able to RAISE the standing height UP a bit from time to time.

I remember a few rides on the Expert last season in really FLAT LIGHT where I found a "dip" in the snow and ended up feeling like I was pulling my arms out of their sockets in my shoulders. Will know after a few days of riding...

View attachment 382892
I love the taller riser.
You will find the same thing I just did.
Your throttle cable has been shortened.
I Can only extend mine about an inch without pulling the throttle when turning.
Now I have to extend or replace the throttle cable so I can raise it all the way.
I assume a throttle cable off of an X is longer, but haven’t measured yet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, after ONE full day on the mountain, I had NO ISSUES at all with the short Riser.
Today was a GREAT DAY of riding.
The freaking PERMAGRIN on my face from the new Turbo HURTS!!!!:):)

Its been about 7 years or so since my last boosted sled
I had forgotten just how much fun a turbo is...

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I’ve tried that riser, wouldn’t do it again. When your riding the riser would slip into the extended position. Try your stock riser and if too short go to the next size up. Riders seem to think stock riser is to short but give it some time- thinking you’ll grow to like it. Just my two cents!
I have had that adjustable ski doo riser riser on my 2014 summit for years. I have tightened the Allen screw so much to where I have to KICK the clamp closed with my foot. It still moves ( usually down ) when hitting holes or really reefing on the bars. I have since sold that sled to a buddy who is way shorter than me(I'm 6'6" ) and we just slammed it all the way down and it seems to stay put. Anyway I won't be buying one again.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I have had that adjustable ski doo riser riser on my 2014 summit for years. I have tightened the Allen screw so much to where I have to KICK the clamp closed with my foot. It still moves ( usually down ) when hitting holes or really reefing on the bars. I have since sold that sled to a buddy who is way shorter than me(I'm 6'6" ) and we just slammed it all the way down and it seems to stay put. Anyway I won't be buying one again.
Same here as far as never purchasing it again, its currently on a 13' Summit. I was tired of it slipping all the time, I put it in the short position a few years ago and used a rubber mallet to hammer close the clamp and it hasn't moved since.

Premium Features