• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rattley Nytro primary clutch

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Well my clutch seems to be gettin quite loud. Noticed it today for sure as my buddy with his MCX apex pulled up alongside with no side cover and its quiet...like nothin. Theres no diff between these clutches is there?? Anybody got a fix?? I think its louder now than when it was new for sure....I can even hear it when riding with my helmet on. Seems to work fine.....just to noisy!!!

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Well my clutch seems to be gettin quite loud. Noticed it today for sure as my buddy with his MCX apex pulled up alongside with no side cover and its quiet...like nothin. Theres no diff between these clutches is there?? Anybody got a fix?? I think its louder now than when it was new for sure....I can even hear it when riding with my helmet on. Seems to work fine.....just to noisy!!!

NOISY! that is the only way to decribe it. Mine works fine but it is noisy! My dealer is usually on top of things, but he has not heard or seen any fix.

T
Dec 1, 2007
any fix is temporary. I have seen a huge variation in yammie 4 stroke primary clutch noise. They can be amazingly noisey but it does not affect the way they perform.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
its the harmonics of the 3holer makes the clutch rattle i just use o-rings on the weight bolts thats what is rattling.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
yeah i asked about that when i first bought my sled, and they say they get louder when you clutch it, so im not to worried 1000kms and shes still together lol just stupid loud thats all, cant notice it when riding or when you bring the rpms up it goes away

T
Dec 20, 2007
Minturn, CO
Normal

Same sounds come from the primary on my 96 venture, but you can barely hear it over the engine noise.

Seems like having a quiet 4-stroke allows for hearing ALL the rattles, clunks, etc. that a sled creates that were inaudible with the louder exhaust on my 2-strokes...

Such as life, I think it's a good problem to have.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
All the Nytros are noisy. Mine's really noisy, doesn't help that I took the foam out. I think it's to do with the 3 cyl engines as the Vectors were noisy as well.

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
If you take the clutch off,it's nice and quite,but the combination of the way the stub shaft attaches to the crank and the loose spider,it makes a rattling noise at an idle.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
In order to improve market share the factory engineers were ordered to make the machine more like their competitors
After repeated attempts the engineers were unable to make the rings flake, crank fail, piston's to seize or even get the belt to explode
So in the end they decided to make the clutch rattle slightly

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Mines drivin me crazy....is there any way to quiet it up some?? Is it the weights floppin around?? Its not the pin that holds the roller...I know that...the slop on them is gone. Crazy when your sitten beside a apex and its dead quiet then you pull up on a brand new nytro and it sounds like the valves are floatin.....gotta be a fix???????????

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
You can get a bit of relief by having the spider shimmed,you'll have to take it to the dealer to have the spider spun off then put 20 thou shims behind the sliders.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
You can get a bit of relief by having the spider shimmed,you'll have to take it to the dealer to have the spider spun off then put 20 thou shims behind the sliders.

Linc, so the primary shim won't affect the secondary, because of all the float it has?

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
In order to improve market share the factory engineers were ordered to make the machine more like their competitors
After repeated attempts the engineers were unable to make the rings flake, crank fail, piston's to seize or even get the belt to explode
So in the end they decided to make the clutch rattle slightly

LMAO!!! Love it!!haha

Premium Features