• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rasmussen boards question

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
Can anyone tell me what size tubing skinz uses for their rasmussen running boards? specifically the inside tube that runs along the tunnel. I bought a sled with different boards already attached and it appears he left me about a 1/2” lip to work with. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Newer boards use flat plat against the tunnel. That way there isn’t a tube for snow to build up on. The way I would go if I was building my own.

How are you bending the tubing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
i’d like to purchase the rasmussen boards but am looking for verification they will fit my sled that has already had the boards cut off.

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
If the lip is smaller than the tube, you can just rivet from the inside of the tunnel and it’ll be fine. You don’t have to have the board sitting on the lip.

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
If the lip is smaller than the tube, you can just rivet from the inside of the tunnel and it’ll be fine. You don’t have to have the board sitting on the lip.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
i’m not sure how i would feel about just rivets holding it up from the inside of the tunnel. I can see how it would work if it was a plate against the tunnel as oppose to a tube, but that lip to me takes most of the weight off the interior rivets and utilized the tunnel more.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I put Rasmussen boards on an xm. Half inch tube seems about right for the inside. It is the outside that is the big one. You will have enough lip to set on. I riveted mine from the inside and not the bottom I believe. I do know what they said to leave in the instructions was excessive. After I clamped them on I marked them and took more off. Lords adhesive like polaris uses works great. I put a set of air lock boards on with that. I still used rivets. Wouldn't want to take them apart. I guess you just have to heat them. I think you will be just fine. If you are really worried, call skins.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
I put Rasmussen boards on an xm. Half inch tube seems about right for the inside. It is the outside that is the big one. You will have enough lip to set on. I riveted mine from the inside and not the bottom I believe. I do know what they said to leave in the instructions was excessive. After I clamped them on I marked them and took more off. Lords adhesive like polaris uses works great. I put a set of air lock boards on with that. I still used rivets. Wouldn't want to take them apart. I guess you just have to heat them. I think you will be just fine. If you are really worried, call skins.

thanks, i think i’ll pull the trigger. Tried skinz... busy time of the year and can’t get an answer :/

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
well they came in. looks like they will fit great. thanks guys
4f27f96ac03b8496cd9fe9e94cc3e33a.jpg

quite a bit narrower as well

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Do the instruction get you to pull the plastic in any? Or just new cover plates for the vents? Can you post a pick of the rear of the boards from the same angle?

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
Do the instruction get you to pull the plastic in any? Or just new cover plates for the vents? Can you post a pick of the rear of the boards from the same angle?

ya the kit came with some smaller triangle plastic pieces that you are suppose to swap out in the stock side panels. i’m assuming this narrows them up? my sled is an XP but i put the helium plastics on it already. i can get a pic of the rear of the boards but they don’t really rest on top of the old ones very well so won’t be very accurate.
b5d41fd26a5c7723b466405bfe0536ff.jpg

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
ya the kit came with some smaller triangle plastic pieces that you are suppose to swap out in the stock side panels. i’m assuming this narrows them up? my sled is an XP but i put the helium plastics on it already. i can get a pic of the rear of the boards but they don’t really rest on top of the old ones very well so won’t be very accurate.
b5d41fd26a5c7723b466405bfe0536ff.jpg

Thanks That would be great. Would you be willing to measure the total width of the belly pan just in front of the running boards? I’m interested in seeing how much narrower the side panels are compared to the stock xm. Most likely will buy my brothers T3 this fall and thinking I’m going to miss the narrow boards I have on my cat. That will help me decide if I get the panels with the boards or just go with the narrower boards.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
not sure if you can tell what’s goin on or not
bdd93ab3fab96fb2200b23860a73a2f3.jpg

Premium Features