• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor Khaos Conversion Kit

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Update: Back from riding 4 days. 163 pro rmk silber @ 7psi, now has 163 Iceage Bomber Khaos rails, and Raptors Eyelet conversion. with Raptors Kinetic shocks. I LOVE the way this sled handles now. It's the most ridiculous fun sled I've ridden. I really wasn't happy with it before I did this conversion. It just would not pick the skis up very well unless I was heavy into the boost. Then I was always going way too fast. I hated that. The front always felt heavy... Even with 7lbs of boost.

I do have my FTS spring set as loose as it will go. So If you just did the Eyelet, I could see you maybe being able to tighten up that spring to try to get more lift.(That's if you didn't do the Khaos rails too).

Nov 27, 2008
20200228_112026.jpg

Finally get to try my khaos rails with the Walker Raptor extension , I also went with the lighter khaos rear spring. Heading out for a weekend trip hope it works good ;)

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I didn't notice as big of a difference on the conversion I did on my 16 155 than my actual khaos 162. The 162 will still wheelie more, but both are good overall.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
So to convert an RMK if you purchase the longer front track shock or eyelet kit and longer limiter strap you don’t have to have KAOS rails for this to work? It won’t stab the track? What benefits are you loosing if you don’t put on the kaos rails? If you don’t need the rails you could swap back and forth from kaos to non kaos in a matter of minutes with the adjustable. raptor limiter strap. You would just need a kaos length front track shock and a RMK front track shock to swap back and forth. Is this correct?

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
For those that used the lighter rear shock spring, did you just buy the one for the khaos velocity shock and put on your stock monotube or clickers? I can't find any lighter replacement springs for my stock monotubes.
View attachment 341401

Finally get to try my khaos rails with the Walker Raptor extension , I also went with the lighter khaos rear spring. Heading out for a weekend trip hope it works good ;)

Nov 27, 2008
For those that used the lighter rear shock spring, did you just buy the one for the khaos velocity shock and put on your stock monotube or clickers? I can't find any lighter replacement springs for my stock monotubes.
Yes I used the velocity shock spring on the stock RMK shock.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i have the heavier RTS on my shock because I am a heavier rider. I will just be putting the stock spring back on with the Khaos conversion.

how much lighter of a rate is the Khaos spring?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Mine is probably going in this week. Yesterday I dropped the to 20 tooth gear down to a 19 tooth. Mine has a chain case because it is a SKS 155. I would imagine between the Khaos kit and the gear down this thing is going to feel like a different sled.
It definitely weight transfers easier on the downhill to sidehill initiation.

actual wheelie factor is only increased initially, then your spring/ valving handles re entries and over rotations as you have it set.

ski pickup over early season land mines is great.

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
It definitely weight transfers easier on the downhill to sidehill initiation.

actual wheelie factor is only increased initially, then your spring/ valving handles re entries and over rotations as you have it set.

ski pickup over early season land mines is great.
Couple questions. Did u stay with the stock pro rmk springs and also which anti stab kit did you use. Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Couple questions. Did u stay with the stock pro rmk springs and also which anti stab kit did you use. Thanks
2020 pro rmk springs.

mtntk bulletproof anti stab. (This or the ice age anti stab is the only good options)

I’m running the khaos rear shock.

(note i am running 5# of boost and weigh 230 pounds)

Last edited:
H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I just ordered Ice Age 163 Khaos rails for my 17 Axys, along with the Khaos conversion eyelet from Raptor. Are there any reviews from guys who have done this conversion with both the eyelet and Khaos rails?

I’d love to chop my tunnel, but my ‘17 runs quite a bit warmer than the ‘18 and newer sleds... I might be better off hacking it and going with the Mntek 3’ cooler instead.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
So I see some are saying lighter spring. Are you talking about the Rear shock spring in the rear not the spring on the front track shock? I will have to check mine. Maybe I can dial back the preload?

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
So I see some are saying lighter spring. Are you talking about the Rear shock spring in the rear not the spring on the front track shock? I will have to check mine. Maybe I can dial back the preload?
Yes rear track shock on khaos is 180 and std pro is 210. Thats what I was told to try first before switching springs. My shocks have been revalved also.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Got mine installed yesterday. Mine being an SKS had two limiter straps but I just installed one of the longer ones. I was able to take some spring tension of the rear spring and added some to the front track spring hopefully this works well. I can always ride it and then adjust.
0b99d4d87517bccba8bd84767b4b1f47.jpg
c547a3dd914bf5b4afe260d944ac7292.jpg

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Nice! I’m waiting on my shock extension from Raptor, but I’ve got the 163 Ice Age Khaos rails installed on the skid. Can’t wait to see how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features