• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor Khaos Conversion Kit

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Curious to see how the system is gonna work on an RMK rail. There is a reason the RMK and Khaos have different bends. Should be OK if they didn't go quite as aggressive as the Khaos on limiter length but still might have a lot of pressure on the rail tips when wheeling.

Please post pictures once installed, inquiring minds want to know!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Curious to see how the system is gonna work on an RMK rail. There is a reason the RMK and Khaos have different bends. Should be OK if they didn't go quite as aggressive as the Khaos on limiter length but still might have a lot of pressure on the rail tips when wheeling.

Please post pictures once installed, inquiring minds want to know!

I believe the rails are more tipped up in the front for anti-stab purposes when extending the front of the skid down. Simply adding the raptor kit may not be enough to warrant needing a rail change.

T
Apr 1, 2019
I purchased the Raptor Kinetics front and back. I asked them to add the khaos kit to the shocks during build (just the eyelet you'd typically get with the kit). They're sending me the longer limiter as well.

Jonathan said Polaris made a small profile change on the front of the rails that's more like the assault profile. The idea there is that if it's steeper rail profile it can get on top of the snow quicker. The front arm travel would have the biggest impact in the suspension setup though. With the Raptor limiter, you can also change back to the pro length if you don't like the khaos length front arm travel. If you like to climb and don't like the front end coming up, then you're probably going to prefer the pro rmk front arm setup. The shock would just need spring preload adjusted if you switch to the shorter setup. I install the new shocks tonight and will report back.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I purchased the Raptor Kinetics front and back. I asked them to add the khaos kit to the shocks during build (just the eyelet you'd typically get with the kit). They're sending me the longer limiter as well.

Jonathan said Polaris made a small profile change on the front of the rails that's more like the assault profile. The idea there is that if it's steeper rail profile it can get on top of the snow quicker. The front arm travel would have the biggest impact in the suspension setup though. With the Raptor limiter, you can also change back to the pro length if you don't like the khaos length front arm travel. If you like to climb and don't like the front end coming up, then you're probably going to prefer the pro rmk front arm setup. The shock would just need spring preload adjusted if you switch to the shorter setup. I install the new shocks tonight and will report back.

I have your same exact setup. Raptor kinetic with the Khaos convesion eyelet and limiter strap. Any way you could post your Front track shock spring length? Raptor says in the instructions to run 8.0 to 8.25 with the original setup. Now with the new eyelet after install I'm around 7 3/4" FTS spring. Thats with the sled on the stand. That is as loose as I can run it. Just curious what he is having you run yours at. Thanks :)

T
Apr 1, 2019
I have your same exact setup. Raptor kinetic with the Khaos convesion eyelet and limiter strap. Any way you could post your Front track shock spring length? Raptor says in the instructions to run 8.0 to 8.25 with the original setup. Now with the new eyelet after install I'm around 7 3/4" FTS spring. Thats with the sled on the stand. That is as loose as I can run it. Just curious what he is having you run yours at. Thanks :)

Mine's installed as of tonight. I will measure tomorrow. I am tired from that damn limiter strap install lol. I didn't need to install an eyelet, they built them for me when I ordered and did a few things for my alternative impact a arms as they're 2" narrower than stock a arms. I'll get a measurement tomorrow of the F/T length though

K
Dec 5, 2019
Hey guys, I have bought the kit and take off khaos rails...I have gave it a couple good rides and have to say there is a noticable difference in weight transfer. I am 160lb and have the low bars and it will lift the front end more than before, I find it a good balance as it still doesnt drag the back bumper on flat ground as does a summit 154 however I like to sidehill and feel that if there was any more weight transfer it would cause the sled to washout too much during sidehills.

I also should note that I have my even Walker shocks with the clickers stuff in the front end and the skid is set soft on the RTS for the most amount of transfer.

T
Apr 1, 2019
2 hard solid days with the Raptor shocks with the Khaos kit, all I can say is wow! I would probably attribute the wow factor to those shocks more than anything but it's definitely a lot more playful with the kit. My buddy who I ride with has a Khaos and the issue with him is when he gets to steeper spots, he trenches and wheelies too much at the top. The khaos kit is a happy medium because that doesn't happen with me, I can get to the top. The only thing I didn't like is it does trench when sidehilling but it's an easy adjustment for me to stiffen the shocks up to keep that front from trying to climb a doo.

Premium Features