• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ram 1500 Limited Active Air Suspension + loaded sled deck

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Wondering if anyone has experience with the 2019-2021 Ram limited half ton with the factory air leveling system.

Does it adjust appropriately when the sled deck has one and two sleds loaded?

Any other advantages/disadvantages to consider vs what I'm accustomed to doing with aftermarket air bags?

Thanks in advance.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Sure should. Levels great when I pull a trailer. 1/2 ton not ideal for a loaded sled deck however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That auto airbag system is prone to giving up in cold temps. 2 friends have had that issues on those trucks....works great down to a certain temp and then just....doesn't work. I would avoid that option on a vehicle that's used as a winter hauler if possible

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
So far so good... the air suspension starts filling the rear bags as I load a sled, and then bleeds after unloading.

Down to -5F so far it's working without issue.

Two sleds (Polaris Matryx... not heavy Doos!) feels pretty darn good. Obviously it's maxing out the vehicle's capacity but the pulling sensation and general control is positive. Not needing to manually fill airbags is a pleasure.

Premium Features