• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rale Industries

culater

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2006
I have no affiliation with Rale but this kit looks pretty cool. Looks like they will be distributed through WPS

Last edited:
E
Dec 19, 2007
Nice work. Is there a website with pictures? To clarify all sleds are already rising rate but only on the rear scissor. The front of the rail shock is falling rate. The riot focuses the bulk of the force on the front of the rails but is still falling rate. This will probably work great but the same issues with riot no float complaints will be common. I am still hoping for some kind of purpose built bike or possibly a frame kit to move the whole bike 2-3 inches closer to the track. Then it can float and wheelie -best of both worlds.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Got to ride with one a few weeks ago, looked like it worked very well. Didn't get to see for very long though...the rider got too close to a tree and broke his leg...so he headed back down the hill and we continued on. But what I did see of it, it looked good.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Well, since the late 80's, millions spend on snowmobile rising rate rear suspensions, same old story..........all those guys went broke, the suspensions needed lots of tuning and help and in the end when you threw a leg over a sled with 2k of new rear suspension, just not to impressive. I have been there, spend the money, cut and welded and machined and modified on what just cost me 2k. I am always looking for answers and something new, the video doesn't snow me anything.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Good to know the proper name "Rail" not "Rally" like I thought it was. I do worry about that arm that applies pressure down onto the front of the track, seems in a real vulnerable spot.
I think this company is actually part of WPS, they posted a testing video that was shot on their dirt track at the WPS facility in Boise. Also, on motorcycleindustryjobs they were recently looking for a Snowbike Engineer at WPS. Guessing they are looking to take this thing further and make it bigger. Nice to see another company come out with their own idea, hope it only makes this industry push further and get better!

E
Dec 19, 2007
Do the swing arm pivots just have bushings or needle bearings like a bike sa? Can you explain the tie rods better putting pressure on the front of the rails? They aren't straight, what keeps them from bending when there is an impact on the front of the rail?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
This appears to be a kit that has drifted out onto the net several times in the last few years, always a blurry far off picture of a bike with track on the back, pretty titelipped in Boise, time was they were probably afraid someone would steal their design, now.....don't worry, Polaris is big corp slow change, Yeti/Camso Michelin big corp slow change, CMX stuck in their design, and others. Couple of years from now RALE will boil to the surface again I hope with something to sell or maybe look at.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Riderale.com does have some close up pictures but that's about it. It looks to work like the tedesled design but without a spring force on the front of the rails instead has those external push rods.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Riderale.com does have some close up pictures but that's about it. It looks to work like the tedesled design but without a spring force on the front of the rails instead has those external push rods.
Yep. It's very "american" to claim to invent something while the overall designs as been out for a LONG time. Peter Tedelin has been out there since like 2009 or so.

I'm running a tedesled-like of my own for 5 years now. I recall seing some custom build with a similar design on snowest too.
Rale haven't brought much new to the table and they are 29 pounds heavier than my custom design... Still cool to see something new in the industry tho.

P
Dec 18, 2017
If you guys go to https://riderale.com/product
And scroll down you can click on "resources" under one of the youtube links. There you can download the instruktion manual pdf witch show how the kit is constructed.

The kit uses two rising rate linkage blocks. One between bike and front part of shock. The other between front part of skid and rear of the same shock. Prietty neet. But alot of parts just to get rid of the center shock. Will be intresting to se how it performs.

Premium Features