• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Radios - Rocky Talkie

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Anyone use this?

If so, how did it work?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
We have 4 of them. Battery life is good. Range is OK. Easy to use. Less money than the competitor and would have to say the peformance is about equal, not a clear advantage in the real world. Could recommend!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Those look interesting. Good size, and 2 watts of power. I was not able to see if they have the ability to plug in an external speaker/mic, or add a better/longer antenna . . ? That would be handy since i put the radio in the backpack and attach a speaker/mic to the shoulder strap. A longer antenna option would be nice to get a little better range. Other than that, this looks like a decent option.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I switched to the Oxbow radio last year. I have a 5w Baofeng setup also x2. The nice thing about the Oxbow is size easy to setup with BCA external mic plugs. I have nice externals already. I didn't have any trouble with battery life. You can purchase batteries from them. Range on them seemed fine during my use.

Premium Features