• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Radioddity GM30 Easy and inexpensive radio works great

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
I'm not selling or stand to gain anything of value by posting this info. I bought 2 of these for testing. 4 stars from me.
Preprogrammed with gmrs frs same as bca/oxbow.
Will scan ctcss tones to get you on the same ctcss tones as your bca buddies.
4 watts on uhf (all of the 5 watt dual band vhf/uhf radios are 4 watts on uhf. You will likely never notice a lack of power when compared to the 8 watt radios that are really 7 watts on uhf)
Comes with a usb-c charger and will use any c charger.
Replaceable antenna.
Uses the same 2 pin Mic and programming cable as most of the other ccr's
About $50 on amazon and the good 2 pin mics can be had for $15ish.

Last edited:

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
blastco2, is the 4 watts these put out in uhf more than the motorola and bca in this same mode? I was under impression those radios were only 2 watt. I have a 14 channel motorola that works with bca's but, I am uncertain whether it has uhf? Thanks

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
when you buy Motorola BCA Oxbow ride208, you are throwing away $. a little education here can save you $ time and frustration. HF, VHF, UHF are just different chunks of the RF spectrum. The consumer radios are all UHF 462.600ish megahertz. (the fm radio in your truck is VHF 100ish Megahertz). another piece of valuable radio information can be had by reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_Tone-Coded_Squelch_System this explains "sub channels" which are not channels at all.

The quick and dirty answer to your question is, If you have just a little radio knowledge, you can have much more effective comms with the various cheap chinese radios and save a bunch of cash on the way.

One of the coolest radios is the BTECH GMRS PRO. can be controlled via bluetooth by your phone. volume channel tones, even shares and recieves location information from members of your group and displays that info on your phone. Yes it will still talk to all of the other consumer radios.

Premium Features