• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quiver Ski??

J
Dec 19, 2015
I was able to get a demo ski to try. I really wanted to like it but after a side by side visual comparison to my riot ski I was skeptical.

I put about 3 miles on it in crappy crusty snow and turned around and swapped back to my TS ski.

The quiver ski was very unpredictable in the conditions I was riding. It felt loose then would grab unpredictably. I almost hit a few trees it was so unpredictable. It put me into what I would compare to dirt biking tanks slapper mode with the bars going lock to lock.

I thought it might just be crap snow so swapped bikes with my buddies MH and it felt much better.

I did consult Quiver who, I felt, gave vague input that it takes a while to get used to the ski and to try to adjusting the saddle. I had the saddle in the middle position and didn't feel any amount of adjustment would make it better. But really I'd didnt want to mess with it, I just wanted to ride.

It might be good for some conditions but I don't feel it's a good all around ski.

I would say demo one if you can before buying. I've seen lots of people saying they love it. I did not.

T
Jan 26, 2019
Pemberton BC
I was able to get a demo ski to try. I really wanted to like it but after a side by side visual comparison to my riot ski I was skeptical.

I put about 3 miles on it in crappy crusty snow and turned around and swapped back to my TS ski.

The quiver ski was very unpredictable in the conditions I was riding. It felt loose then would grab unpredictably. I almost hit a few trees it was so unpredictable. It put me into what I would compare to dirt biking tanks slapper mode with the bars going lock to lock.

I thought it might just be crap snow so swapped bikes with my buddies MH and it felt much better.

I did consult Quiver who, I felt, gave vague input that it takes a while to get used to the ski and to try to adjusting the saddle. I had the saddle in the middle position and didn't feel any amount of adjustment would make it better. But really I'd didnt want to mess with it, I just wanted to ride.

It might be good for some conditions but I don't feel it's a good all around ski.

I would say demo one if you can before buying. I've seen lots of people saying they love it. I did not.

What kind of crust?
Melt freeze or wind?

J
Dec 19, 2015
I don't come from a sled or ski background so I don't really know what to call it.

I was on some old groomed and I'd say melted crust that was soft underneath.

It was fun go anywhere snow with my TS ski.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Those skis aren't ment for crusty conditions . A stiffer more rigid ski is not the direction you want to go , bring back a modern day flexi ski and it will save on the arm pump and the forks will thank you .

I'm surprised that ski drag is not more of a conversation , start swapping skis around and you'll figure out what one works in what conditions for multiple reasons .

Does anyone make a carbide wear bar for the Yeti/CMX ski ?

Premium Features