• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quiver Ski??

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Just installed one, will report back once I ride it!

f03200ff3b2d9d31030ef553e2ddcbf9.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
I shouldn't say anything yet. I think it has to be adjusted precisely?? But, I goproed my first ride on one Friday. I didn't know I yelled f@<k until I played video back. Lol.
I'm interested to see if you guys have time to dial it in.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
How do you adjust it? By mounting position? That first picture looks like it’s mounted about 2 inches too far back.

M
Jan 14, 2004
There's no great pics that I have found but it looks like it borrows from the Yeti/CMX/TS skis as far as bottom shape goes ie. single runner, deep keel but with less side cut and rocker. What does it have for the center runner a carbide, dual runner or???? Maybe one of you guys who has one could post a few good pics. IMO their website isn't doing them any favors as far a sales go. The darting Yeti ski is getting old this year, last week it was unrideable on the crust we had, the Camso ski was better. It would be nice to get one ski that does it all, bolt on and be done with it.

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
I would try mounting cradle all the way forward then adjust back to lessen steering input to desired level.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
ski is heavy and a narrow thick plank, sorry guys but have no idea what ewer target was for" perhaps running trails on the flats

AnythingOutdoors

Lifetime Membership
Jun 17, 2013
Found this on there Facebook page. Just looks they shortened the center keel...? Seems the width is similar to the yeti next to it in the Pic....? It will be interesting to see some real ride reports on all conditions of snow.
f8b126e17a23b236714a4bf7ee82c0e1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Yeti ski is great in powder, as is traverse. It's the crud and crust that gets us. I think the idea was a ski that works in all conditions. I plan to try one

E
Dec 19, 2007
I feel the back county ski is still the best all around ski. If the quiver is narrower then I'm actually excited about it. The only thing I don't like about the back country is the weight and the saddle /bumper design is flimsy

M
Jan 14, 2004
In general I'm pretty happy with my Yeti front end, but when it sucks it really sucks. I'd like to try the CMX ski, I think and I could be wrong about this, that it is basically a Yeti ski with the side cut taken out. The big side cut in the Yeti ski is what makes it dart, the curve reaches out and grabs extra $hit shovels it under the ski and makes the ski dart from side to side. This Quiver ski is basically a straight sidecut which is why it darts less stuff just passes under it. If there is any correlation to snow skiing then less sidecut will make the ski also less turny and aid in straight line stability. The CMX ski looks like a good balance of the two properties. If you've ever skied on a pair of race slalom skis they have a lot of sidecut and turn like crazy as in they will throw you on your ass if you let them but they suck at speed, what we want is a GS ski, maybe a super G but not a downhill.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Yes the curved side cut on the yeti was a bad idea. The cmx should be better but nobodies ever seen one. If the quiver is skinny I need to demo one. No way I'll ever by another ski without trying. Yeti and mtx looked great on paper but really I really regretted both purchases.

Premium Features