• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Qestions answered #1 VIPEC ECU

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Dec 7, 2007
Deer Lodge Montana
Hey Bryce took sled out today and everything was really close. I hope to get with you Monday and go over a couple things. In the meantime if you read this over the weekend could you tell me if this sounds lean or rich at 4500-5000 rpm. When riding the sled it sounds like it is gargling.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Hey Bryce took sled out today and everything was really close. I hope to get with you Monday and go over a couple things. In the meantime if you read this over the weekend could you tell me if this sounds lean or rich at 4500-5000 rpm. When riding the sled it sounds like it is gargling.

No video !

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Cant get the video to post from my phone. I was able to get it to download to youtube. If you search for "polaris pro vipec" it is the video showing the gauges while I going down the road.

Is this the video, snojnke?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfAeQcHR-Nk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Is this the video, snojnke?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SfAeQcHR-Nk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If this is the sled , sounds lean to me , AFR at 14 -14.4 at 5000+ rpm,s , what is your AFR target set at for that RPM rang , i am shore Bryce will dial it in for ya.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
yeah that's the video. Im gonna check out my data logs today and see exactly where it is on the fuel map.
Watched your video and all looks fine too me. Just record a few logs with a steady throttle where you think it is acting and in the datalogger tab, open your file and add to the window a new group, then add properties (afr target and an volt 5 or whatever is your wideband input set at) to that group and watch if you meet or get close to your target at each rpm

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I have looked a snowjnke's logs . everything looked good as far as afr ratio goes. this is his own build. there are a few setup hings he needs to work on. then it should be dialed for him.

it is very hard to read what a sled is doing right off engagement and also in a video.
because of the following conditions.

right at point turbo wants to spool
in a area of the map that is bouncing in between main fuel table enrichment and boost table enrichment.

constant movement of throttle to keep sled going and clutches engaged.

bouncing around of pipe temps
bouncing around of ignition tables.

every customer that I have get a turbo performance pro lay out that will help dissect all conditions in a very easy to use display. data logs and tables side by side. work good.

thanks everyone.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Hi guys,

Could use a little advise on tuning..... I’m new to the Vipec so still learning. 14’ Pro, Vipec, and Silber kit. Sled mostly rips but have a little stumble when pinning the throttle. It will stumble so I back off the throttle then pin it again and it rips. I data logged it and can see the A/F goes lean (16.5) on the first throttle stab but once I let off and stab it again the A/F drops back into the 12-13 range.

- Engine is stumbling so it tops out at 7,000 rpm (The injector duty cycle is low during this condition = not enough fuel?)
- Second stab it hits 8,000 rpm (Injector duty cycle is higher so different map with more fuel?)
- I spend a lot of time looking over my base fuel, 4D, and 5D fuel maps and they seem to look good.

I’m thinking I need to do some work in my BMAP table (altitude) for my altitude (900 – 1000 ft)? I might just be on the edge of not enough fuel?

Any thoughts?

Capture.JPG

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I know it looks like a lean condition but it normally is a rich condition. What happens if you hold it to the bar. Does it finally come alive? If it does the you have to much fuel.
Fuel is stacked at the rpm and a little rich. You have to decay that fuel out and then the sled comes alive.

So find the rpm vertical line and go to 90 to 100% tps take away about 7% should come alive. Sliver kit needs a lot of fuel down low but not as much up top.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I know it looks like a lean condition but it normally is a rich condition. What happens if you hold it to the bar. Does it finally come alive? If it does the you have to much fuel.
Fuel is stacked at the rpm and a little rich. You have to decay that fuel out and then the sled comes alive.

So find the rpm vertical line and go to 90 to 100% tps take away about 7% should come alive. Sliver kit needs a lot of fuel down low but not as much up top.

Sometimes but mostly not. But if I let off and right back in then its perfect.

Okay, I will try that - but which location? Base fuel, 4D, or 5D fuel?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
That's interesting...2 posts disappeared.

No longer is 900RMKTractor's post at the top of page 7. It's now post 149.

Premium Features