• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

QD2 speedo reflash

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Well, picked up a snow check backout, back in October got first ride on it this weekend.
Never have heard anything from polaris. which the speed I could care less, but the mileage. The maybe 150 miles we rode this weekend, have over 200 on the odometer..

Is this update a real thing? Is it actually fixed? Assuming so, the 165 qd2 seems to be close to being right.

Being from the Midwest, want to make sure the dealer isn't going to think I'm crazy when I call

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I tried to get my speedo recalibrated with my lower gearing, but the dealer couldn't... Its off like 20+% high I'd say. If anyone has a fix, let us know please!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The recalibration ONLY pertains to QD2 units. Many sleds will have been recalibrated before they were ever in customer hands. For units that made it out the door without the speedo re-calibration - yes it's real, and yes it works. Very straightforward.

Communication S-20-02 is what they are looking for - but plugging the VIN into Polaris will get them where they need to go.

K
Nov 20, 2020
The recalibration ONLY pertains to QD2 units. Many sleds will have been recalibrated before they were ever in customer hands. For units that made it out the door without the speedo re-calibration - yes it's real, and yes it works. Very straightforward.

Communication S-20-02 is what they are looking for - but plugging the VIN into Polaris will get them where they need to go.
Guessing this won't be available to me switching my '21 163 QD1 to QD2...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
if anyone can weld one or two of the holes shut in the brake rotor that would cut the speedo pulses. Would need to do it without warping or rough edges to catch the brake pads. (if it is possible?) I believe there are 13 holes so you can do the math as to the drop 12/13 or 11/13.

Premium Features