• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

QD 2 gearing choices

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
If you do this with the 21/50 gears and the QD2 belt, Please take photo and post it up here as I would like to see how much backbend there will be but as I said in my earlier post , I think it will be minimal , and I think I am headed this way later next fall.
gtwitch in wyoming

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
If you do this with the 21/50 gears and the QD2 belt, Please take photo and post it up here as I would like to see how much backbend there will be but as I said in my earlier post , I think it will be minimal , and I think I am headed this way later next fall.
gtwitch in wyoming

I'm not sure if this is helpful but I've got over 1000 miles on the stock QD belt, with the stock axys gears, with the TKI belt tensioner. The back bend is very minimal. It mostly just is touching the belt while at idle. I can get a picture if that would help anyone of my current 22/43 axys gears. And will post a pic when I get the 21/44 pro gears on with the TKI tensioner.

I will probably try a 50T qd2 gear with my pro 21T once I find a used one. If anyone in the future has a 50T gear, I'll buy it from you. Let me know please.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Gates recommends a belt tensioner on the Polaris QD.
If you talk to a Gates engineer they will tell you it needs one. It’s the only way to keep belt/gear contact in spec.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I checked out a new Matryx 850 Khaos in our group after a ride recently and couldn't believe the amount of slack in the Q2 belt.

Is there a tensioner of choice currently available?

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I did the QD2 belt and bottom 50t pulley on my 2020 RMK 850 155 and love it. Just a little grinding on the aluminum back plate before install for clearance. On install, just zip tie the new belt with tension around the pulleys first and slide it on. While I was at it I got the upgraded (stronger) bolts from ZRP. Maybe took 15 minutes to do. Great mod and I would do it all over again in a heart beat. That with a carl's clutch setup for my elevation woke my sled up big time.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Although the QD and QD2 are a proprietary (non standard) 11mm pitch. So unless you got deep pockets? They won’t manufacture a belt for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features