• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pulled the Trigger and Ordered a new custom 2021 Truck today!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There must be something wrong with my eyes. It looks like it says $76,000 FOR A 1/2 TON TRUCK o_O. Congratulations!!
True enough.
Nothing cheap about new high end Fords.
But I keep my trucks for 15-17 years and drive them into the ground.
So I am less adverse to buying a brand new custom fully loaded truck than most.

When gas start climing back up to $4 a gallon, I am pretty sure I will be happy to have a little F150 over my F250..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
abee265e2f39316a95053d577a00dd44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Will be a beautiful truck, and your review and insights will be appreciated. I don't know what's better - long-term unknown hybrid tech reliability and cost, or, unknown SCT diesel tech reliability and cost. Class 8 diesels with SCT haven't been a confidence builder - you can keep SCT diesels on the road past warranty, but only given enough money and a shop that knows what's it doing. The days of buying a diesel and getting 300k miles out of it with routine maintenance while addressing well known issues with relatively simple fixes are over. I believe my L5P has 5 EGTs alone in the exhaust stream. Any one goes down, you are coded or limped. Same for all the pre- and post-charge tube intake air temp sensors. Less reliable, more expensive to buy and own, harder/often impossible to work on or fix yourself - sign me up. How the hybrids match up - and they are/will be the future of all full sized trucks - will be interesting.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Will be a beautiful truck, and your review and insights will be appreciated. I don't know what's better - long-term unknown hybrid tech reliability and cost, or, unknown SCT diesel tech reliability and cost. Class 8 diesels with SCT haven't been a confidence builder - you can keep SCT diesels on the road past warranty, but only given enough money and a shop that knows what's it doing. The days of buying a diesel and getting 300k miles out of it with routine maintenance while addressing well known issues with relatively simple fixes are over. I believe my L5P has 5 EGTs alone in the exhaust stream. Any one goes down, you are coded or limped. Same for all the pre- and post-charge tube intake air temp sensors. Less reliable, more expensive to buy and own, harder/often impossible to work on or fix yourself - sign me up. How the hybrids match up - and they are/will be the future of all full sized trucks - will be interesting.

Agreed
Plenty of unknowns.
But one thing we can probably be certain of is that electric is coming to trucks whether we like it, want it, or not..

For me it’s time for a smaller trailer abs a matching smaller truck, so I decided to take the risk abs embrace the bleeding edge technology and see what comes of it. So far most of the guys on the F150 forums that I hang out with are Loving the hybrid. But there aren’t a whole lot of them out on the highway as yet.

Ford is getting slammed with all manner of production delays, it’s just one thing after another for months now... my order will be 6 months before I get this truck.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I suppose it’s about time to start ordering some of the basic accessories that all seem back ordered just like the truck

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Friend works at a GM dealer. Yesterday he said that if they order a high level trim truck right now it's going to be close to 2 years before it arrives. Can't get ECMs for them. Low and mid-level trim is still rolling though. Makes 6 months not look so bad.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Friend works at a GM dealer. Yesterday he said that if they order a high level trim truck right now it's going to be close to 2 years before it arrives. Can't get ECMs for them. Low and mid-level trim is still rolling though. Makes 6 months not look so bad.
ya, its taking a bit longer than anyone thought it would last summer.
But they are rolling off the production line, just SLOWLY...
Mine has been pushed back multiple times.
But now they are claiming it has been BUILT and is moving towards shipping at last.

Premium Features