• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project SS: Skinny Sled

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Yes

I think Polaris has one on the snow. They've GOT to.
As I've heard it said, they bought Timbersled and are trying to figure out the whole snowbike vs snowmobile thing...and this is going to be somewhere in between.

I suspect the skinny sled is a hybrid and will be marketed as the NEXT NEW THING.
And it's no snowhawk.

I would expect you are right, and to what I said about a whole chassis and mounting what ever body and engine to the same chassis, that may be out there a bit but, I could see a (kit) that would replace most of the factory upper frame structure and this (thing) would then fit the chassis. The kit could be built to fit sleds as far back as 03 for Rev then the M, Dragon and so on. This way, with a couple of suspension tweaks, would allow older chassis to perform closer to whats on the market today. Truth be told, with some thought most of the older iron could be slightly modded now to perform better. But like I said going forward, what is coming will be awesome in it's own right.

Premium Features