• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Axys is heading your way on Feb 17th...

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
just doing a quick google search it looks like the term axys is being used recently for advanced and emerging technologies by several companies.

Hmm, Monday might be more interesting than I thought it would be.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
They are just trying to throw something out there before Cat does to steal a little of their thunder. Cat is scheduled to release on the 19th, Polaris's official release date isn't until March 2nd and Ski Doo after that.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Well Mike Schmidt says it's a new 900 with 185 hp and it's 45 lbs lighter, comes from a reliable source!! and you guys laugh about BC bud :face-icon-small-win

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
LOL

They are just trying to throw something out there before Cat does to steal a little of their thunder. Cat is scheduled to release on the 19th, Polaris's official release date isn't until March 2nd and Ski Doo after that.
I don't think Polaris is worried about Cat's "Thunder". I own two Cats, and although they are great sleds, Polaris is sitting atop the podium with Ski-Doo, and has been since the 1st Proclimb chassis was rushed to market in 2012. The general feel I get on these forums is that if it wasn't for some GREAT dealers out there, Cat's 2014 sales numbers would have been dismal.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Yaxis is a coupled, single shock rear suspension with a belt tensioning system used on trail sleds. Being that it is coupled may mean higher HP trying to keep the front end down.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Not to rain on everyones parade but higher HP I doubt they are having a ruff time keeping 140 hp together.
But than again we have not heard from Kelsly lately or Indy Dan maybe they went to work for POO ?

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
They finally get the 800 figured out and you guys want an all new motor? Did everyone forget the 755/900 days? Polaris has a fantastic sled, I hope they do nothing but small refinements. Asking for a new motor is like asking for another 6 years of customer R&D.

What I'd like to see for the ProRMK
- BRP/Yamaha fit & finish
- improved wiring harness
- A quality, optional shock package
- tensioner for the belt drive and machined gears
- more compact bodywork
- welded & not glued a-arms
- reinforced bulkhead/tunnel where they always bend at the front
- 10 lbs lighter which seems reasonable

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
I don't think Polaris is worried about Cat's "Thunder". I own two Cats, and although they are great sleds, Polaris is sitting atop the podium with Ski-Doo, and has been since the 1st Proclimb chassis was rushed to market in 2012. The general feel I get on these forums is that if it wasn't for some GREAT dealers out there, Cat's 2014 sales numbers would have been dismal.

I agree with this. I have mostly cats including a 2014 but they are not an issue for polaris from a sales stand point. They are just too small and lack the resources polaris has to drive sales (product issues does not really matter as cat's sales have been consistent the last few years). Polaris is going guns a blazing after skidoo to get the number spot back and I bet they will soon. I have a newer skidoo and I feel the polaris sleds since 2011 are nicer sleds than the skidoos the mags rave about it.

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
They finally get the 800 figured out and you guys want an all new motor? Did everyone forget the 755/900 days? Polaris has a fantastic sled, I hope they do nothing but small refinements. Asking for a new motor is like asking for another 6 years of customer R&D.

What I'd like to see for the ProRMK
- BRP/Yamaha fit & finish
- improved wiring harness
- A quality, optional shock package
- tensioner for the belt drive and machined gears
- more compact bodywork
- welded & not glued a-arms
- reinforced bulkhead/tunnel where they always bend at the front
- 10 lbs lighter which seems reasonable

The pro has the most simple wiring harness there is. And the narrowest most compact body work

Sammy

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
Stony plain, Alberta
Yaxis is a coupled, single shock rear suspension with a belt tensioning system used on trail sleds. Being that it is coupled may mean higher HP trying to keep the front end down.

dareta8y.jpg

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Hate to even say this, but looks similar to a Yamaha mono shock. Raise the front of the shock to the top of the skid. I don't know. Hopefully it works for them.

Premium Features