• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb Tki Belt drive differences

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Hey gents, I have a 15 m8000 and my local dealership has a 12-14 tki belt drive kit. Does anyone know what the difference was between 14/-15+ Chain case drive setups? would this kit be able to be mounted on my old girl?

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Yes, it works. Same chain case. You might need a top bearing. It's easier to swap in a clutch side top bearing than to try grease it and add a seal.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
From what I remember the top chaincase bearing setup is different. The actual top bearing might be the same in the kits but the assembly/disassembly instructions are different in that area. Also need to tap the end of your 2015 jackshaft for the retaining bolt. A tap and new instructions sheet might be all you need. Call or email Tom to confirm.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Yes, it works. Same chain case. You might need a top bearing. It's easier to swap in a clutch side top bearing than to try grease it and add a seal.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Jackshaft bearing on the chain case side is different than the one on the clutch side. TKI kits use a new sealed angular misalignment bearing on the top chain side, not just greasing and adding a seal like the driveshaft bearing.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I too have a 2015 and I added a TKI belt drive. It made a HUGE difference. I went with the kit that emulates the 2017 Mountain Cat extended chain case. It lowers the drive shaft 1 1/8" into the snow making the sled sit up higher (poor mans elevate kit) making it much easier to maneuver in the tight stuff. Yes, call Tom.

Premium Features