• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb Elevate vs Alpha One

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I am very curious how a 2017 Mountain Cat (or a sled similarly equipped) with an elevate kit on it would compare to a stock Alpha One? I think a lot of us are reaching that crossroad where we either elevate our Proclimbs or sell them and move up to the Asscender chassis with the Alpha one rear skid.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
The kit goes on later this week; will let you know how I like it, just don't have an Alpha to compare it to. The shop foreman in West Yellowstone has ridden alot of Cats and has agreed to ride it before and after the Elevate kit. I'll ask him how it compares to the Alpha.

Last edited:

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
The kit goes on later this week; will let you know how I like it, just don't have an Alpha to compare it to. The shop foreman in West Yellowstone has ridden alot of Cats and has agreed to ride it before and after the Elevate kit. I'll ask him how it compares to the Alpha.
I would recommend ordering 2 new of the steel insert bushings for where the arm of the front shock mounts to the new iceage rails rather than trying to get your old ones out and reuse them

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I think if you have a low mile 2016+ (or equivalent) sled with the dropped driveshaft installed then it's worth doing one or the other of these. If you have a 2012-2015 with the old suspensions and clutches, or If you're nearing a mileage where you're going to have to start putting money into big maintenance costs (new clutches, top ends, etc.) probably better to upgrade sleds entirely.

As for which way to go Alpha vs. Twin Rail Elevate, I think that is going to depend on how you want your sled to handle. If you like a rigid chassis feel and ultimate predictability then probably stick with the twin rail. If you like the rolly-polly ultimate ease of going from one side to the other then the Alpha skid is probably your cup of tea.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks for all the responses guys! It sounds like it's time for some tough decisions. We will all be watching to see your thoughts on the elevate and maybe a comparison!

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
I dont thing either is a bad choice. If i had a stock 17 i would prob upgrade to an alpha. But with all the mods i feel im better off keeping it. Very few people actually outride the capability of their sleds. We have guys in our group with older stuff that go way more places than those with the greatest and latest

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Its not just handling that is different between the two, Straight up climbing, the Alpha wins by quite the margin. That track is the only track i have seen that beats the 3in claw and boy does it beat it......

Premium Features