• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb bog

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Has anyone sorted that bog issue out? I was thinking of running a y pipe and maybe getting a programmer to lean the sucker out on the bottom. At least once a ride I have it bog in a spot and I get stuck from it, always in a dire moment where you need all the beans. (Yes my reeds are new)

Duff

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wheaton, MN
The low end bog when my engine was warm was driving me nuts for 2 seasons. Last off season I installed a Speedwerx Stage 3 kit (pipe, can, head, clutching, reeds, programmer, adjusted power valves) and a different intake along with moving the temp sensor, hasn't bogged since. I know thats not much help, but something or combination of things fixed that engine.

I hear ya on bogging at unfavorable times, that was the worst part.

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
I have the same issue. Disconnected throttle safety switch, and it’s still there. Tried stock can and a GGB trail no difference, still there.
My sled is a 2017 XF8000 High Country 153”. Love the sled, but the bog has got me in trouble a few times. If we could just find a fix? I ride low elevation less than 3000 ft. Might try relocating Intake Temp sensor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have had the bogging issue on all of my cats since 2009...
I finally got rid of the bog in 2017.
I pulled my handle bar bag of my ole zuke and put it on a 18 ctec mtn cat, Haven't had a bog since....

Sent it

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Relocate air temp sensor
Check the oil pump linkage. Mine had a flat spot, meaning, if I went to wot, and slowly let off throttle, the oil pump linkage would not return to closed. If I snapped the throttle, it would return to closed.
I replaced the oil pump, bog was gone. Was over oiling.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
for years now Ive heard of the bog but yet to experience this one I read and hear about from a buddy. they bog when going down steep hills, that can be annoying. Diamond S made their exit pipe too long so I was getting a bog in deep spring snow it couldn't blow out of the way sidehilling. the TSS is picky if you grab throttle funny. other than those times, when does this occur? maybe checking cable adjustments (throttle, oil, APV) and not letting the clutches get dirty and fairly new belt keeps it away? I hear complaints of major bog from an '18 owner, in deep pow and also something in secondary went bad ruining backshift.

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
I have seen my oil pump not return all the way in the garage while checking things over, but it returns when i snap the throttle.
Is there any other way to fix without replacing oil pump? I figured it would free itself up over time. 600 miles on sled now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have seen my oil pump not return all the way in the garage while checking things over, but it returns when i snap the throttle.
Is there any other way to fix without replacing oil pump? I figured it would free itself up over time. 600 miles on sled now.

4,000 mi on my 09 and oil pump never stopped sticking.

Sent it

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
On my machine I traced it to the motor clutch slamming in. I put a 911 cover on, loosened the weights enough so they would free fall as I rotated the clutch. I keep the belt clearance less than .0020, and keep the belt tight.
I have since then put on a softer engagement spring (engaging around 3000) and still no bog.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
would like to add my temp sensor is relocated aswell, might just deal with it another year and get that new banger kitty

R
I moved the air temp sensor after I got mine new 14 HCR, made the bog worse, wouldn't even run, completely worse. Added more air also, and bog disappeared. I found that the bog was all to much fuel. Picked up an 09 M800 for the girlfriend, very, very very rich also, very boggy. Added one 2 inch Frogskin to the airbox, major improvement. Ended up putting a total of 2 on the front, it was a brand new sled after that and plugs were a nice chocolate brown.
the power and torque was awesome, and no bog at all..

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
How did you add more air to your 2014 HCR. Bulleyes, frog skin? What location?

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Im not sure what hood I got on mine but more air didnt help, new reeds too , also ceramic coated pipe

47682628_10155967637543441_5795193694546034688_o.jpg

R
I added the Frogskins in the same places that Speedwerx did with there kit. On the nose, so it acts like a ram air, under the front bumper, on top of the nose and either side in the front. Both left and right sides, just where the hood fits in.

Premium Features