• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problems with clutch heat

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
I have an 2013 Pro rmk 600 and im having problems with super hot clutches, The search function is not working for me atm. The only thing that isnt stock in The clutches are The primary spring that is changed to slp blu/pink, im ridning around 1200-2000 foot and using 10-62 weights

Im pulling 8200-8300 rpm when i hit The throttel but it falls down to 8000, The first belt held good and went about 2600km and The second went at 200km and pulled all cords on engine side, The new belt was broken in and washed so my question is if anyone knows what The problem can be?

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I would start by replacing both your springs with new then clean your clutches and check your rollers.

What belt are you running?

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
I clean The clutches a couple miles ago, rollers are good and The primary spring is new but the secondary spring have never been replaced, u think i should go stock spring or black/purple? Secondary is most often hotter then The primary but not by alot. And the belt is untucheble

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I clean The clutches a couple miles ago, rollers are good and The primary spring is new but the secondary spring have never been replaced, u think i should go stock spring or black/purple? Secondary is most often hotter then The primary but not by alot. And the belt is untucheble

Stock is black purple on the 600.

Somethings to try I like to remove the small washer behind the secondary. There's two back there it gives the secondary more float.

Also I prefer the 122 Polaris belt used on the short track 600.
It's cheaper and have had good results. It's Not as cheap as the cat belt.

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
Stock is black purple on the 600.

Somethings to try I like to remove the small washer behind the secondary. There's two back there it gives the secondary more float.

Also I prefer the 122 Polaris belt used on the short track 600.
It's cheaper and have had good results. It's Not as cheap as the cat belt.

I Will try that belt then, what lbs should i torque the secondary to?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Your first belt lasted 2600 miles, you have issues. Motor mounts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
Your first belt lasted 2600 miles, you have issues. Motor mounts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

2600 km not miles, could be but i dont think so, i checked and They looked good. After the season i will put in some new motor Mounts and get a good clutch kit. Would be nice with gear down but its just to expensive for me

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
2600 km not miles, could be but i dont think so, i checked and They looked good. After the season i will put in some new motor Mounts and get a good clutch kit. Would be nice with gear down but its just to expensive for me

The most expensive thing is gonna replacing belts every 200kms. Look to spend $1,000 to rebuild both clutches or spend $1,000 on wrecked belts and then you still have to spend $1,000 on rebuilding clutches. Now that's gonna be expensive if you don't find the problem.
Set your belt deflection, clutch alignment and belt to sheave clearance.
You tube will guide you thru the process.

Premium Features