• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem getting into reverse with the brake lever pulled in hard?

roostertech

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2011
hey guys anyone have this issue ? 19 - 850 AXYS 163 - on steeper downhills in the trees - need to use reverse once in a while to re-position while exploring drainages etc in more setup snow and the dang sled won't engage reverse and I'm in a sketchy spot needing to hold the brake and get into reverse! If it's soft and the powder will hold the sled still facing down no issues and of course on the flats - no brake so no issues What gives?

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Brake has to be off to switch into reverse.
Let off brake hit reverse then back on brake. Or
Unhook brake light wire and it will work All the time if needed.

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Ya Probably some safety feature,
I also noticed that my 18’ 800 will let you go as much throttle as you want in reverse, and my 19’ 850 seems to have a governor in reverse cuts the engine out at about half throttle.

roostertech

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2011
Brake has to be off to switch into reverse.
Let off brake hit reverse then back on brake. Or
Unhook brake light wire and it will work All the time if needed.
I wondered about that and thanks - I might have to do some rewiring to get the brake light to work as well - I don't remember my 18 having that problem but it sure made for a couple of hairy moments this winter lol

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Must be an 850 issue as the 19 800 has no problem going in and out of reverse with the break on?

Sent it

roostertech

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2011
in the steeper tight downhills I try to stay on edge too but ran into this circumstance twice this winter - would have been nice to get reverse in both of those spots

Premium Features