• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Tip for cameras/batteries in cold weather

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
If you're like me out filming in the cold cold smoke you've run into battery issues with your cameras. Thought I'd share a little tip for something that's been working for me. Over the past two seasons I started using Phoozy's for my cameras and my batteries. I can fit a GoPro Hero 9/10 (even with max mod lens), or Insta360 One R in the iphone Max (Apollo/Apollo II) large version of the Phoozy. I ride Gen4 Skidoo and put the Phoozys with cams and batteries in the storage box on top of the hood, doubling the warming. Once I get out into the BC I'll mount up the camera, put the Phoozy in my pocket with spare battery in the bottom and go rip it. I keep the small iphone SE (Apollo) version just for backup batteries and SD cards in the hood storage as well. I've yet to run out of batteries while filming and have had less issues with cold batteries.

You can find them on Amazon, they run deals from time to time I believe I got the silver ones for $19 each on Amazon deal.

BTW I'm in no way paid or sponsored by Phoozy so just and honest tip from one video guy to the other...
20220104_132030.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
LOVE MY PHOOZY!!!!!!!
My iPhone has lived in that little bag for many a seaon to keep it from shutting down on me.

I also carry two of these in my handlebar bag

BigBlue Rechargeable Hand Warmer 3-in-1, 10,000mAh Battery Charger with Emergency Light, Portable & Reusable Hand Warmers, Double-Side Heater for Hunting, Golf, Ski, Camping,​

Amazon product ASIN B07G8679SX

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
LOVE MY PHOOZY!!!!!!!
My iPhone has lived in that little bag for many a seaon to keep it from shutting down on me.

I also carry two of these in my handlebar bag

BigBlue Rechargeable Hand Warmer 3-in-1, 10,000mAh Battery Charger with Emergency Light, Portable & Reusable Hand Warmers, Double-Side Heater for Hunting, Golf, Ski, Camping,​

Amazon product ASIN B07G8679SX
Yeah I had to swallow the price initially but really they work damn good.

Premium Features