• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro rmk 800 mtntk turbo big bore

H
Mar 23, 2020
Lining up the research to start my build next summer. Thinking about a terra alps 909 striker big bore coupled with a mtntk turbo. probably make around 250 conservatively I would imagine. Has anyone turboed a big bore? how did the cfi 2 motor hold up?

H
Mar 23, 2020
What are your plans for tuning the fuel requirements on your big bore
I'm looking at running a pcv, they seem to have the accurate adjustment range. I've looked at the do beck and bully dog and I think i would go bully dog second. Do you have any that you would suggest I look at? not finding slot of info for tuning this kinda project

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I'm looking at running a pcv, they seem to have the accurate adjustment range. I've looked at the do beck and bully dog and I think i would go bully dog second. Do you have any that you would suggest I look at? not finding slot of info for tuning this kinda project
I have a mtntk kit was gonna do big bore but due to turnaround time in middle of winter i went with an indy specialty warthog turbo engine. Bully dog is not end user tuneable unless you got connections to get the mapping program. Dobeck sucks imo but have only dealt with their stuff from mid-late 2000’s. Even though the indy motor doesnt require tuning compared to stock engine it didnt co operate with the updated fuel setup (old setup did work). We tried datalogging and mtntk made some maps with feedback but didnt pan out and was somewhat to be expected as remote tuning requires much more data and even remote connectivity. But at the end of the day there was still some performance left on the table so i am going back to the tried and true SDS XIC box (boost it). I have used them on several builds and they are simple and just plain work. May be tough to find one i hoarded a few. But I would be talking to redline performance about using their fuel controllers if It was my build and didn’t have an XIC on hand Reason I say them is they have the ability to tweak stock injectors to make big bore happy then control auxiliary injectors for the boost. Im ditching mtntk fuel setup and running stock injectors/stock mapping then secondary injectors off dedicated control to supply boost fuel. Always worked the best for me compared to dobeck/attitude boxes and flashed ecm like mtntk/sibler

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
What i'm interested in is that I have heard of a build similar to this that ran pump gas, he should have been making around 240 just on pump.
i don't think pump gas is going to work for you i had a silber on my 13 800 and couldn't get over 6 lbs of boost with a 20% mix but i'm definitely not a expert tuner

H
Mar 23, 2020
I have a mtntk kit was gonna do big bore but due to turnaround time in middle of winter i went with an indy specialty warthog turbo engine. Bully dog is not end user tuneable unless you got connections to get the mapping program. Dobeck sucks imo but have only dealt with their stuff from mid-late 2000’s. Even though the indy motor doesnt require tuning compared to stock engine it didnt co operate with the updated fuel setup (old setup did work). We tried datalogging and mtntk made some maps with feedback but didnt pan out and was somewhat to be expected as remote tuning requires much more data and even remote connectivity. But at the end of the day there was still some performance left on the table so i am going back to the tried and true SDS XIC box (boost it). I have used them on several builds and they are simple and just plain work. May be tough to find one i hoarded a few. But I would be talking to redline performance about using their fuel controllers if It was my build and didn’t have an XIC on hand Reason I say them is they have the ability to tweak stock injectors to make big bore happy then control auxiliary injectors for the boost. Im ditching mtntk fuel setup and running stock injectors/stock mapping then secondary injectors off dedicated control to supply boost fuel. Always worked the best for me compared to dobeck/attitude boxes and flashed ecm like mtntk/sibler
I like the sound of that redline fuel controller i'll have to take a closer ?

Premium Features