• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary Clutch Weight Shims

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Do most Cat dealers sell weight shims, or is it usually something you order? I'm refering to the little shims that go between the weight and the tower, on the weight pin.
Thanks!

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
sounds like you are talking about the o-rings that go on the weight pin the AC part# is 1602-692

or if you can source it locally its just a 5/16 X 1/2 X 3/32 - VITON o-ring

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Do most Cat dealers sell weight shims, or is it usually something you order? I'm refering to the little shims that go between the weight and the tower, on the weight pin.
Thanks!

That's a Polaris thing. Cat weights are fixed to the pin with a set-screw. O-rings under the nut and head of the bolt keep things centred.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
The older cat 9 tower and comet/cat used the washers. Your cat dealer should have them available. If they don't you can order the comet ones from any of the aftermarket guys, HPE WPS Dennis Kirk whatever.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Oh I see. Yes I must have been referring to the old 9 tower cat clutches, so I posted in the wrong Cat section. I was looking for some shims for my Poo clutch. Either way, you guys helped me out.
Thanks!

Premium Features