• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 RACING, Revolutionary New Technology available !!!

Guitarman

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Pops and Dies off idle

I've had my PR2 ECM on for 2 weeks now. Pulls strong from bottom to top. My issue, which I have spoken with Jeff about is an off idle stumble and die, which always happens in the worst possible position, I.E. near a tree well, a creek crossing, etc. He suggested going to 6/7 on the low speed circuit, which I did, no difference , and zeroing out the TPS again, which I did, no difference. My bike is 2012 Ktm 450 SX-F Factory Edition, first year fuel injection. Any ideas?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Did you not have the issue with the stock ECU
.. on my 14 with the stock ECU I was getting granulars of sand in the injector from the previous owner causing it to lean out on low end...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I would say either fuel pump or injector... More the injector..... When my injector had issues it was intermittent and full throttle slaps would remedy the issue but it got worse and worse over time. For me when the fuel pump had issues it showed itself more on high rev situations then the injector issues at low rev. I am not a mechanic just sharing my experience.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Needpooder 16 YZ450FX

Be sure to let me know how it works out on your 16 YZ450FX...

I have the same bike, and it works great now,,, but,,, if it can be better,,,,, oh boy.... The pumpkin thumpers will really be suckin hind titty even more!!!:face-icon-small-win

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Be sure to let me know how it works out on your 16 YZ450FX...

I have the same bike, and it works great now,,, but,,, if it can be better,,,,, oh boy.... The pumpkin thumpers will really be suckin hind titty even more!!!:face-icon-small-win

Definitely. Hopefully know in a couple weeks!

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
I would say either fuel pump or injector... More the injector..... When my injector had issues it was intermittent and full throttle slaps would remedy the issue but it got worse and worse over time. For me when the fuel pump had issues it showed itself more on high rev situations then the injector issues at low rev. I am not a mechanic just sharing my experience.

Yup, or fuel filter maybe, or injector issue cause by fuel filter.

Don't know the years people where having trouble with filters and injectors. But I got it pounded into my head to keep the fuel extra clean, and added a bigger better fuel filter. Plus run a filter sock that goes in the tank under the gas cap for filling.

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Thats what im thinking.. seems like its a night and day difference!! I just picked up a fe501 with 17 ts120 le and bike seems to be dialed and rips right now gets me excited to know it could be even better plus the whole over fueling fix and better motor temps just seems like safe insurance for 600$

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Spoke with Jeff again yesterday about availability for the FX. He told me he's having trouble with his supplier and not sure when they're going to come anymore. Bummed. Not sure if I'm going to just buy one and use the battery switch or wait.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I will wire this to the fuel pump so the power is killed... Still working on placement
746cbdd1651d058ce725de229b7d89b0.jpg
ed3d1ae83aff71b1bf1b31254ee22cc4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I ran my 2015 ktm 450 with the ecu last weekend. It worked flawlessly. I was in the Number 1 map. I will try it in 3 this weekend. More rpm and power. It definitely had more midrange torque and it started great. No issues with over fueling flame outs either. A great product as far as I can tell from one ride.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
I purchased the ecu for my 17 fc 450 and have read through the instructions and see there are 10 maps. Jeff is at some races and is not available so can someone tell me how my map controller can switch between two maps.? I understand the switch on the controller but what will map 1 or map 2 be?? Thanks

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yes two maps. Whatever the arrow points to is the map selected. If you want it switchable you can purchase a handlebar map switch which will always either switch from Map 1 to whatever you have selected on the X-10 selector. So map 1 or map (arrow pointed to).

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
My 17 has a map switch on it from the factory. Does it work or do I have to buy a different switch and if it works, factory switch, and I have the map switch on the box set on number 1 then number 1 map switch is always number one and the numer two map would be 1 also right

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Not sure how the map switch you have plugged in. The Vortex has a specific plug for the box. As for the map switch from PR2(vortex) there is map 1 and X10. X10 is whatever the arrow is pointed to.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I purchased the ecu for my 17 fc 450 and have read through the instructions and see there are 10 maps. Jeff is at some races and is not available so can someone tell me how my map controller can switch between two maps.? I understand the switch on the controller but what will map 1 or map 2 be?? Thanks

I am running the PR2 on my 15 KTM 450. I used the bike with the map in the 1 position. Jeff told me that maps 1, 2 3 and 7 are for stock motors. Maps 4 and 5 are for big bores. I am not sure about 6. Maps 8, 9 and 10 are for when the wheels are on I believe. The differences between Maps 1, 2 and 3 are mostly the rev limiter as I understood it from him. 1 is limited to 10,500 and 3 is limited to 11,700. I am trying it in Map 3 next time out. The ecu definitely cleaned up how the bike runs in snow and greatly reduced overfueling issues. Oil was clean and fuel use was down dramatically. More low and mid range power with Map 1 but I missed the top end. Map 3 should fix that. We will see.

Premium Features