• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powerclaw 3" on axys reviews?

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
When I switched my track to a pc I had horrible vibrations. I swapped the rear wheels in my axys to a bigger size and the vibrations almost went away. We also had the same problem when we put an ezryde in a doo (they run the Polaris axle/wheel). When we switched out the axle and wheels to the stock ski doo set up the vibrations went away. Might be worth a shot, but you’d have to run an offset axle.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
When I switched my track to a pc I had horrible vibrations. I swapped the rear wheels in my axys to a bigger size and the vibrations almost went away. We also had the same problem when we put an ezryde in a doo (they run the Polaris axle/wheel). When we switched out the axle and wheels to the stock ski doo set up the vibrations went away. Might be worth a shot, but you’d have to run an offset axle.

Interesting. The doo wheels are larger diameter?

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
You guys running the x3 on the axys belt drive. Anyone running it with stock gearing on an 850 or is gear down required?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
You guys running the x3 on the axys belt drive. Anyone running it with stock gearing on an 850 or is gear down required?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I've run it both ways, gear down if you want a lot less heat, better performance and longer belt life......

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What elevation?
1-10,000' I ride all over the place from coastal BC riding nasty trees at 2-3K elevation to cooke city running up to around 10k. There is absolutely no need to be geared so high on these sleds and all it does is limit your usable clutch range and forces you to be stuck right around engagement constantly when riding technical terrain.

FYI a belt drive axys converted to 7T 3pitch drivers is geared to go 93 MPH at 8250 RPM.... Since most of these tracks will fall apart above 60mph, that means you are limited to about 2/3rds of your usable range let alone actual practical track speed of 40-50 tops meaning you are never using more then 50% of clutch aside from maybe on a groomed trail or in a field.

Last edited:

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
I've run it both ways, gear down if you want a lot less heat, better performance and longer belt life......

What are you geared at ?

I have 2.28 ( pro gears 7 tooth 3” pitch) 162 powerclaw ... getting pretty hot quickly with our wet heavy snow.

I’m looking at 2.52 maybe ?

Last edited:

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
CO2.0 has some old reviews on here when he did his Axys PC 3.0 conversion back in 2016 or 17 I believe, you may search for those as he had some detailed reviews. He was a big proponent of it over the 2.6 in CO/WY snow and said it worked much better if I remember right, but as others mentioned, it costs some coin to make work.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What are you geared at ?

I have 2.28 ( pro gears 7 tooth 3” pitch) 162 powerclaw ... getting pretty hot quickly with our wet heavy snow.

I’m looking at 2.52 maybe ?

Run a few variations so far. Im going to speak purely in pulley combos as I have no desire to talk about final drive ratios and exactly what math everyone is doing.

I ran Kurts kit for a couple hundred miles 32/67 = 2.094 This is functionally the same as pro pulleys with less rolling resistance. Works good, nice jump in performance from stock.
Currenty running a TKI setup at 27/63 = 2.33, im liking this ratio a bit more. It is working very well for creating a super fast snappy aggressive sled.

I have more combo's to test and run but overall, regardless of exact ratios, the belt drive is geared too high stock, coupled with additional traction and increased driver size and final drive ratio of the 3 pitch vs 2.86 driver, I would say gearing down is somewhat mandatory for longerterm enjoyment of the setup.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Run a few variations so far. Im going to speak purely in pulley combos as I have no desire to talk about final drive ratios and exactly what math everyone is doing.

I ran Kurts kit for a couple hundred miles 32/67 = 2.094 This is functionally the same as pro pulleys with less rolling resistance. Works good, nice jump in performance from stock.
Currenty running a TKI setup at 27/63 = 2.33, im liking this ratio a bit more. It is working very well for creating a super fast snappy aggressive sled.

I have more combo's to test and run but overall, regardless of exact ratios, the belt drive is geared too high stock, coupled with additional traction and increased driver size and final drive ratio of the 3 pitch vs 2.86 driver, I would say gearing down is somewhat mandatory for longerterm enjoyment of the setup.

So if your on 7 tooth 3.0.

You are 2.53 final?

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Do i have to change drivers if I have the 3.0 pitch polaris track on a 2019 or can i just buy a 162 PC and switch it right over? I changed drivers on my 18 axys and holy crap it vibrates like crazy. Very uncomfortable to ride down the trail above 30mph.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Do i have to change drivers if I have the 3.0 pitch polaris track on a 2019 or can i just buy a 162 PC and switch it right over? I changed drivers on my 18 axys and holy crap it vibrates like crazy. Very uncomfortable to ride down the trail above 30mph.

Your stock drivers have a center extrovert driver... the PC track does not have the center windows.. you either gotta get the track center ported, or remove the center drive

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008

I'd forgotten, I did put on 8 inch wheels when I switched the track. How tight you running your PC?

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Kidwoo, did you have to run an offset axle to utilze 8" wheels ? My PC is tight and run the stock drivers, but the track has quite a bit of rolling resistance.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Kidwoo, did you have to run an offset axle to utilze 8" wheels ? My PC is tight and run the stock drivers, but the track has quite a bit of rolling resistance.

I didn't

My setup: 153 PC on a 155 belt drive 2018 axys, ice age 'custom' rails, 7t 3.0" pitch avid extrovert drivers, 8 inch plastic wheels bought from ice age.

Plenty of room to adjust with that setup.

Premium Features