• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power loss WOT

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Anyone experience the following on there 16 Axy's.
SLP pipe & Can, MDS Clutching, 163 track with 2.6 track.
On a long steep side hill pull in deep snow at 8250 RPM it will drop down to 7800 RPM, when I let off the throttle a little and re engage WOT it will go back to 8250, it is annoying as it cost me my climb each time. I cannot reproduce this pattern on a straight or slight side hill pull while loaded like the condition above, like I said it only does this on steep side hills. I ponder as to why, is it starving for fuel ( running non ethanol setting with 92 Octane ) is it loading up with snow on an odd angle thus pulling it down ? is the TSS acting up ? ( just back from the shop from adjusting an Idle issue that plague it from day one, they finally got that correct ) The sled flat out rips 95 percent of the time, just a bit annoying to have this issue when you need the power to stay afloat. Any ideas of what the cause may be ?

Thanks,
M

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
My sled(16 Snowcheck) does similar thing.....Been looking around on different forums and find different thoughts, exhaust valves not opening 100% even though servo thinks it is, TPS out of adjustment even though digital wrench and Poo says it is, over rich at WOT in the ECU, rings are bad with a blow by at higher RPM(compression test seems OK)

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
I have the track tight to Polaris Spec, I often wonder if it is too tight and loading with snow within the track casing it to bind, or is the track edge flexing in combination of being too tight. I hate to think about engine issues, my sled is also a snow check.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Imo , its the ecu fuel map, u prob will need to clutch a little lighter weights, this is a common issue. I was told by 1 dealership that the 3 inch with chain case have better clutching prob due to lower gearing.

R
Jan 11, 2009
spencer, what elevation and how to you have you're weights loaded. i have similar set up except 155. my last ride out i was down around that 7900, but snow was deep and heavy. i talked to steve at mds and he suggested dropping some weight off the tip. i was 71.5 and now right around 70. haven't had a chance to try it yet. mine didn't matter if sidehill or not.

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
spencer, what elevation and how to you have you're weights loaded. i have similar set up except 155. my last ride out i was down around that 7900, but snow was deep and heavy. i talked to steve at mds and he suggested dropping some weight off the tip. i was 71.5 and now right around 70. haven't had a chance to try it yet. mine didn't matter if sidehill or not.

I need to call Steve, It pulls 8200 then seems like something just pulls it down hard, this happens after I have establish a good long hard pull, just a solid loss of power. Like I said as soon as I let off and re engage the power is back on.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
with that pipe and setup you should be 8350-8400, might try a little lighter weight. also find some pro rmk QD pulleys, it will gear you down to about 2.38 with the 7 tooth drivers. makes a difference

Premium Features