• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powder lites turbo setup fuel problem

S
Dec 12, 2013
Hey, last season I bought an 09 nytro with what I think is a powder lites turbo on it, it ran great all season, but when I went to start it up this winter it won't start. Starter motor is turning fine, I checked the plugs and they are dry, and firing. This is my first turbo anything and I have a shop manual for the nytro, but I'm having a hard time deciphering where to start. I can hear the fuel pump when I turn on the key. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Do you have 43 psi on your fuel pressure gauge? Those fz1's sometimes stick.. At least mine did once. No codes? Power to rb3?

M
Jan 14, 2004
I would check the injectors. My nytro did the same thing a few years ago. Old fuel plugged them and it wouldn't fire at all.

I've had that happen to bikes as well. Was it stored with ethanol fuel in it without stabilizer? Even with stabilizer some of that fuel won't last, its total crap.

M5

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
It was the last time I'll store something and not add stabil or drain the fuel. It was about 3 hours of messing with it before we got it to fire up.

Premium Features