• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

post your gen 2's !!!!

O

olymon

Not really a mountain sled but here we go. I started with a twin XC 600 chassis that a good friend of mine gave to me. while searching for a motor to put in the thing I came across a complete ultra motor package airbox to exhaust, wiring, hoses, etc for $650 so I snagged it up. In order to fit the triple in I had to move both mag side motor mounts. I built one for the front mag side because I had to cut the other mount out. I also put in a new oil tank mount for the small xlt coolant bottle that I'm going to use for the oil tank now. I cut the coolant bottle off of the original oil/coolant tank from the XC and mounted it up by the brake. I'm running an extra lite 136 with a finger track. I added 3" to the steering post and also made an angled riser at work to try and bring the bars further forward. I'm sure my friends will be laughing at my ape hanger bars on this sled:D We'll see how it runs this winter. I'm hoping that the cooling is adequate and the clutching will be close. I have more pics of it in my profile.

sled on trailer 2.jpg engine bay 3.jpg

Last edited:

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
truthfully i am not sure what kinda skis they are. I bought the sled last year and they have been repainted before i bought it so not sure i put new ski skins on them tho.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
DSCF3650.jpg

DSCF3650.jpg

DSCF3582.jpg

DSCF3656.jpg

DSCF3780.jpg

westmtn.jpg

2001 rmk 700
extended to a 151
2 wheel 8 inch big wheel kit
7 tooth anti wracthet
153 camo
slp y pipe single and can
slp high flow air box
v force 3 reeds
team secondary
19 42 gears
boss seat
10 inch rsi risers
jack daniels hood
TRUCK NUTZ- gave me an extra 30hp :D

what are you running for a track?

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
How my 99 started life
black3.jpg

black1_cropped.jpg

My custom gas rack...worked will until I grabbed wrong and broke the bumper where it was drilled out and mounted.
black4.jpg

stuck2.jpg

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
17fe.jpg

this is why it's being remade
stuck1.jpg

so I picked up this 98 xrta-lite on the swap
IMG_0819.jpg

then put these extensions on courtesy of devilrmk on here...you believe I had to go all the way to Spokane and Trestle Creek to pick these up...man it was a raw deal;)
DSC00583.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

Next up are some 7 tooth drivers, chromly post, drop brackets and tunnel ext courtesy of stormtrooper on here...don't have to travel west for those. But it does put me one step closer to going west!!!

All that will be left is a track, so if anyone has good recomendations for a track I'm open....and yes Scott I know about the finger track.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
so I picked up this 98 xrta-lite on the swap
IMG_0819.jpg

Next up are some 7 tooth drivers, chromly post, drop brackets and tunnel ext courtesy of stormtrooper on here...don't have to travel west for those. But it does put me one step closer to going west!!!

All that will be left is a track, so if anyone has good recomendations for a track I'm open....and yes Scott I know about the finger track.

LOL on the finger track. HAHA.

BTW, the X-lite came out in 2000 on the 700 and 800 RMKs only. X-10 skid was in the RMKs through 1999 on all models and still stuck around on some trail models until the Edge came out.
Those rails look like X-10 rails to me. Can't see the arms that well, but they look like X-10 arms too.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I think you maybe right Scott. I better dig through my info. You be right.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I said that mainly because they will probably have different center to center mounting locations.

If you are you mount an X-10 using Xlite mounting geometry you'll start cussing too. LOL

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I said that mainly because they will probably have different center to center mounting locations.

If you are you mount an X-10 using Xlite mounting geometry you'll start cussing too. LOL

I will triple check my mounting info. I have the numbers somewhere from DevilRMK, he has a 98 or 99 RMK so those should be the correct numbers I need. I wanna say 23" plus from frount to back mounts off the top of my head.

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
LOL on the finger track. HAHA.

BTW, the X-lite came out in 2000 on the 700 and 800 RMKs only. X-10 skid was in the RMKs through 1999 on all models and still stuck around on some trail models until the Edge came out.
Those rails look like X-10 rails to me. Can't see the arms that well, but they look like X-10 arms too.

yea that is an x-10 suspenion for sure i have the measurements if you need them just let me know thanks. the distance from the front mount to the rear is 27-15/16 " on that skid i have the rest wrote down in my tool box at home .

Last edited:
M

Montana

Jul 5, 2001
Columbia Falls
This is my '01 in the avatar pic. Started out as a 600/136 RMK, now it's an 800 triple with a 156. Sorry this is the only pic I have on this confuser.

securedownload.jpg

Premium Features