• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pop up virus scan

technofunseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Southwest Montana
pop-up virus

I am still getting it occasionally. It doesn't happen evry time but it does seem to come from the Forum link. I have also had it happen from an add though too. It has not seemed to bother my computer yet but you never know.:mad:

Happened to me too.

Went to www.snowest.com, then clicked the link to the forums, and wammo.

I sure won't be paying for this kind of crap period. If it can not be resolved asap, and takes weeks to find and resolve.

FYI, my company site was hacked a couple months ago, and we had it fixed and resolved in less than 1 day in time of notice. If they care about this site they would fix it now (free or pay).

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Happened to me too.

Went to www.snowestonline.com, then clicked the link to the forums, and wammo.

I sure won't be paying for this kind of crap period. If it can not be resolved asap, and takes weeks to find and resolve.

FYI, my company site was hacked a couple months ago, and we had it fixed and resolved in less than 1 day in time of notice. If they care about this site they would fix it now (free or pay).
This one has me puzzled.

If you type in www.snowestonline.com

Your browser will take you directly to
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/

And if you then click on FORUMS, your going to where you already are???

If you are seeing this virus pop-up warning, and doing what I just outlined, then your the first person to report this to me. So far, no other person has reported the virus as being on the SNOWESTONLINE servers. All other reports are showing it on the old SNOWEST.COM servers.

Either way.
I am hopeful that Harris Publications will get it resolved today.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
That would be: s n o w e s t. c o m Vs. snowestonline.com

It changes to snowestonline as that is where all threads are, so it keeps links valid with automatic change over.

Christopher,

Sorry, I thought I mistyped, but it is that little add in that you did a while back that changes every site you try to type in to show as snowwestonline.com.

It happens when you go to the main (old way of doing things) snowwest page and click on the forum button.

When just jumping to snowwestonline, it does not pop up.

C

crs2fer

Apr 5, 2009
North Central WI
Me too....12-26 it got me. downloaded "personal security" and it was a real pain to remove. Had to get a puter whiz to come and remove it.$$ Did not know where it came from until I went to my parents house and got on snowest and it tried to down load itself on there computer. Make sure your security software is up to date!!! Extremely frustrating. I have not been here for the last week as I have been scared as well. Today seems to be fine.

L

likinit2

Jul 4, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Most security software won't kill it. I figured out if you go to>
control Panel> add/remove programs> Delete Internet explorer 8>Hit next Do not hit ok to delete, you use this to bring up info on the programs that need the iexplor8 to run. They are listed most recent downloaded first. so it should be in the first one two or sometimes third listed in most cases.

Then look for the recent file on top that was downloaded or added to your internet file. The file that was doing the pc clean crap was a zip8.exe or something like that. delete that program. I think I had to do a control/alt delete and go to processes and kill a couple running processes to be able to delete it. Good Luck! It also helps to get a registry cleaner. go to cnet.com I got ccleaner and it does pretty good and is easy to install and use. I wish I had taken some notes on the full removal. If I end up with it again I will take notes for you guys.

Last edited:
Premium Features