• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Ski rack mounting issues

B
Jan 15, 2021
Hey guy, been lurking for a while and decided to jump in. I'm the dipshit that bought the overpriced Poo ski rack. Went to mount it this morning and realized the VERY specific location they tell you to mount the front mount can't work. Aligns perfectly with the damn seat support. I am assuming I can just move the mount back but thought I would reach out and ask if any of yall have had the same issue.
50951320097_71e89c3322_c.jpg

Any risk in just sliding the mount back? FWIW it's a 2012 Assault 155

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Had on and it eventually pulled out of the tunnel track and caused coolant to leak. Get a rack based system, much stronger. CFR is the one I have now and happy with it.

B
Jan 15, 2021
Yeah, I think I am going to unload this guy and try to find the CFR kit. Kinda on the fence though because I really like my BCA tunnel bag...

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I had CFR iRack 2.0 on my last Polaris, worked pretty good cause you can side it way back. You might still be able to squeeze your BCA tunnel bag in with the standard CFR mountain rack. I'd put some additional tunnel reinforcement on if you do. I managed to crack my tunnel from the weight of boards/gear on the rack after I decided to carelessly ride 9 miles of whoops at speed one day getting back to the truck.

Premium Features