• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Matryx 155" to 146"

S
Dec 30, 2021
Canada
Hey I'm new to the forum, I missed out on snow check last year, and will ordering a sled this March. I need my sled to work in the flatlands and in the mountains. Thinking of purchasing a 155" Slash 2.75 track and converting it to the 146" 2" track for the flat lands. Has anyone done this? or what's your thoughts, does this make sense? What would I be looking at for the conversion?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hey I'm new to the forum, I missed out on snow check last year, and will ordering a sled this March. I need my sled to work in the flatlands and in the mountains. Thinking of purchasing a 155" Slash 2.75 track and converting it to the 146" 2" track for the flat lands. Has anyone done this? or what's your thoughts, does this make sense? What would I be looking at for the conversion?
What do you have against the 146 slash they currently produce?

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Like SMF said, I rode the mtns for years on a 141 2inch. The 146 is more than capable if you can actually ride. in some ways the shorter track is more fun, deeeep snow not so much. just gotta ride smart. Save your money on the cost of rails, track, hifax and your time. Im guessin that you ride flat land prodominately.

S
Dec 30, 2021
Canada
Like SMF said, I rode the mtns for years on a 141 2inch. The 146 is more than capable if you can actually ride. in some ways the shorter track is more fun, deeeep snow not so much. just gotta ride smart. Save your money on the cost of rails, track, hifax and your time. Im guessin that you ride flat land prodominately.
Nothing against the 146" at all, awesome length, I guess I could always get a track with a longer lug, 2.6". Just feel that the 155" would be a better mountain riding sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Nothing against the 146" at all, awesome length, I guess I could always get a track with a longer lug, 2.6". Just feel that the 155" would be a better mountain riding sled.
Oh you should have said you wanted to swap back and forth.

Going from 3.5 pitch to 2.86 pitch at each swap just means you will want a 146 track,custom rails - 146 rails to fit rmk skid (or complete spare skid) spare driveshaft with 2.86 pitch drivers.

With the QD it’s a fast swap.

Y

Y-not?

Aug 27, 2009
I personally wish there were more 650 options as well, I was one of the die hard 600 guys till they virtually quit offering 600's that were comparable to the other mtn chaissis sleds. It was so much fun back in those days to be on a smaller sled (mine were 660's) that would woop up on most peoples 7 and 800's

S
Dec 30, 2021
Canada
Oh you should have said you wanted to swap back and forth.

Going from 3.5 pitch to 2.86 pitch at each swap just means you will want a 146 track,custom rails - 146 rails to fit rmk skid (or complete spare skid) spare driveshaft with 2.86 pitch drivers.

With the QD it’s a fast swap.
I'm thinking that I'll need to swap out the bottom gear as well, thoughts?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm thinking that I'll need to swap out the bottom gear as well, thoughts?
If you do you need a new belt to use a qd1 and qd2 on the same sled.

Totally up to your budget.

Probably worth selling your QD2 (get good money) and getting a C3 or TKi belt drive with tensioner to make the swap easier at that point. (Cheaper belts, easy change out and only need one belt)

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
What about snowchecking a 146 khaos with the 2.6" and getting rails and a 155 2.6 track to slap on when you want to stretch it? You can trim the 146 2.6 with a razor if you want to only have 2" paddles.

Premium Features